I have a friend and I'll just say her name is B.
I’m keeping her identity secret,
to protect the not quite so innocent.
She’s a dear senior friend
from the Senior Center where I volunteer.
B. loves to shop yard sales.
She's a lucky pro at
finding special items that she can use
for decorating potluck tables,
raffle baskets, and special gifts for the seniors and her friends.
She remembers what you like,
and what items you may be on the look out for as well,
even if it's several months afterwards.
So, B. was out this past weekend finding ~as usual ~ great bargains.
She did find something special
that she wanted to use to decorate the tables
for the Senior’s potluck in December.
They were high quality battery powered Christmas lights
that she thought would be great under some gauzy fabric
and tucked around small decorated tabletop Christmas trees .
The perfect find.
There were about 15 sets
which would have been used for the banquet tables
were the food would be set up,
and one for each of the 9 or so round tables that we set.
B. asks the yard sale person what the price was as they were unmarked.
She excitedly told her what she wanted to use the lights for,
all the while holding a great pair of jeans she wanted to purchase as well.
The homeowner says:
“Hmmm, these belong to my neighbor and she’s not here.
I didn’t know these were here……
they’re not for sale!”
B. was shocked I tell you.
But you know what?
B. tells the lady “Fine, you can keep the jeans as well."
The homeowner was a bit snotty and says:
“Well, I pleased one customer today and displeased another.”
B. is fuming by this time and here's what my feisty friend did.
On her way back down the street,
retracing the direction and advertising signs for the yard sale,
she stopped at each and every one,
removed them,
and brought them home with her
to put them in the trash.
I'll tell you one thing about my dear friend.
You don’t mess around with B.


Funny! I love women that are "fiesty"!
ReplyDelete