Friday, May 14, 2010

Blogger Award from Amy

This award is from Amy!
Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

This is what I'm supposed to do:

1. Accept and thank the person who sent it to you.

2. List 10 things about yourself.

3. List 5 additional things you don't like.

4. Pass the award on to 10 other bloggers.

OK, here goes, ten things about me and not in any order of importance:

1. I love being a grandma!

2. I love my husband of 34+ years.

3. Reading books has become a favored activity again.  Please get my attention before speaking to me, cause I'm  not intentionally ignoring you.   If I'm at the computer when the phone rings, I have to turn my back to the computer to give you ~the caller~ my full attention.

4. I love watching the wild critters around our home and on the lake.

5.  Also love being on the lake, summer, fall, winter and spring.   Fishing, Swimming, and time to read!

6.   Live Musicals...oh boy.  We are going to see 'Cabaret' soon, over in Reno NV.  We've seen Annie,
 42nd St.,Oklahoma, Menopause the Musical, Chicago, and I'm probably forgetting some.

7.  I like that Redding (population 93,000 in the city limits)  is still in love with small town activities like Rodeo Week.   The staged bank robbery, the pancake breakfast for 10,000 people (this morning),  the search for the hidden bank robber's cash, and the  contest to identity  the thieves along with clues for each day of the week.    Traditions!  Gotta  love them.

8. I prefer a pickup load of compost, rather than a boquet of flowers, (most of the time!)

9. I love our family garden, and quiet morning time there before it gets too sunny and hot.

10. I really like my volunteer work at the Senior Center for the Brown Bag and Commodities program.  Plus I like my other volunteer job~~ being on the precinct board for the election days.  

Now for the stuff I don't like: 

1. Computer problems

2. Political ads (It's the season)

3. Fire season and possible evacuations (coming soon)

4.  Gossip

5. Deer that won't leave the family garden or  my garden alone.


And now I'm supposed to pass the award onto 10 other bloggers, but I'm going to change that up a bit.  I want to mention a few of my favorites and why.

http://keepnthesunnyside.blogspot.com/   Amy posts about the crafts she's up to, what she's planting and shows the love of her family.  She's a bird watcher and posts great photos of the baby blue bird under her porch through a 1/4 inch space in the decking.    She also sends me nice blog comments.

http://prairieflowerfarm.blogspot.com/    Linda wrote nice e-mails to me when I thanked her for the really cute tea bag cozy pattern she offers for free on her site.   I hand stitched 12 of those tea bag cozies.

http://www.lemonademakinmama.com/   Sasha is outright funny and making major changes in her life.


http://kaseybuick.com/   Kasey, another humorous and fun writer, full of family tales.

http://magpieethel.typepad.com/my_weblog/   Fun stories of crafting and estate sale finds.  I bought a package of spun heads from an antique/cottage store because of her.  They're tucked away in the craft room waiting for some inspired crafting time. 

http://www.robinbecksnest.com/   love her family stories, and she's a grandma also.


There are others I love and you will find them on my blog to the right.  There's blog posts of family, crafting, farm life, gardening, sewing, and two blogs dealing with cancer.  One from someone I've 'known' since the early Compuserve Garden and  Cook's Forum days.    http://www.frenchletters.wordpress.com/   She and her husband moved to France for a year, and then tried for another year.  Her blog is there dealing with all things France, their move back to WA  and his battle with cancer.

 The other blog http://organizeinstyle.typepad.com/biggirlpanties/    is from someone who is dealing with her own cancer.  I read her blog because she's showing the way to fight with humor, honesty, and a great deal of support.

Anyway, it's fun and inspiring  to blog hop.  Grab some coffee or tea, find a few  blogs you like and return for a visit now and then.  Thanks for  the award Amy.   It's a fun idea for a post, and a great way to find new blogs to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to hear from you.