Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Trinidad Inn

   

  Trinidad was to be our
destination for a day, as it's one
of our most loved and favorite places
to visit.  We were here together
35+ years ago for our honeymoon,
and have been coming back ever since. 

I've loved it here  since I was a kid
on vacation with my parents.

  The very Northern Coast of CA
has a special place in my heart, and that
love of the area has been passed down
to my grown kids, as well as our grandkids,
especially Conner who enjoys camping here.
I love that!

   We  were getting tired by this time
and had already
driven the entire length of
Patrick's Point Drive
looking for our usual cabin rental
place at the northern end.

There wasn't any room there,
so we back tracked to the
Trinidad Inn.


We were second in line
at the check in desk.
The couple ahead of us got their room,
and we couldn't help over hear
that the room rate was $60, plus
tax, plus visitor fees, plus this and that...
you know how all that adds up.


So, we thought this was going to be
a  reasonable charge, because it is
the summer tourist season.

Most every other place
 on Patrick's Point Drive
were already filled.



It also happened to be less expensive
than our hotel room the night before
 in Willits. So, I'm very hopeful
that there will be room for us also.



It's our turn at the desk.
She has one room left.
Yeah!

BUT
it's the Family Unit,
with a fully furnished kitchen,
 a gas fireplace,
One queen, and two full size beds,
so it sleeps 6
and it's a two story unit with the
bedroom upstairs. 

Price.... $170 a night, plus tax...etc.
She didn't mention that it's usually
a two night minimum ~ thank goodness,
because we were due in Brookings
by the next night.


I am really hesitating,
because that's a lot of money.
It's not like we're staying at the Ritz.
But ~~~
It is cheaper than the $280. rate for the
Victorian Inn back in Ferndale.

Un huh,
We were curious about
what they would charge back in Ferndale,
 and we just had to ask...
and  then we were slightly embarrassed to
act shocked and not worthy. (grin)





Anyway back at the Trinidad Inn,
Rick's looking at me
like he'd really like to
quit the road for the day.
We were tired. 

He no longer cares how
much it costs. 

Well, the desk clerk goes on
saying that they
set  up a continental breakfast
in the Gazebo at
seven in the morning.


It wasn't her promise
of a 'free' breakfast that
got to me, even though
we had just enjoyed  mixed nuts,
red bell pepper strips,
and apples for our dinner.

Nope,
It was remembering that, 
before we left on vacation,
Rick had said that he wanted
a real vacation
and for me not to worry
about what's going on
in the news and how it
could affect us.
 
  What?
Me worry about our
next paycheck because
of the budget CRISIS in DC. 
Oh,  yeah, sure, I'll just forget
all about that. ~ ahem.
   


So, we rented 
the family unit and it 
turned out to be a really
nice place to stay. 




This is our home for the night,
behind door number one.


It's more than we need,
but it's clean and very comfortable.

One very small concern though,
the bathroom is downstairs.

Down a set of rather steep stairs,
in the middle of the night... yikes!




Here's the view out the kitchen window:


I don't have good photos of
the kitchen or front room
in the family unit, because
our suitcases and bags had already
exploded over everything,
before I thought
to take photos.

Across the gravel driveway,
a fire bowl, ready to light,


with chairs all around,
for an evening campfire.



In the morning,
I'm wandering around taking
photos, because it's really georgeous
here.  Yesterday's blog photos are from
this location as well.

 


Now, look at the
crafty crow on the lawn to
the right side of the gazebo.
He's up to no good.



Here's the breakfast set up for the morning.
Hot coffee and water for tea or cocoa.
Sugars, and creamers at the ready.
Bannanas and apples were the fruit
selection for the day.
  

The Bee Skep Basket,
(I want one of those)

kept the muffins covered.
  


The little waste bin
to the left of the potted flowers,
contained
Breakfast goodies for the crow.

Well  ~  he thought so.

He was busy stealing wrappers
and an entire muffin quarter that
had been discarded. 

It was so nice here,
I was wishing we could spend more
time, like another night or two.

Soon to come:
  A view from the Trinidad Pier
 and Patrick's Point State Park.




3 comments:

  1. I can relate trying to find a place last minute! You were lucky to find such a nice place and with some very nice views!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a very nice place to rest. I would be tempted to stay longer, well, except for the $170 per night thing.
    I am enjoying your tour of Northern California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear what Rick said to you about having a "real vacation", let your worries go and ENJOY the ride - of course it looks like you are with all those beautiful pictures! Thank you again for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.