Trinidad Pier
Seascape Restaurant
at the Pier
They hang binoculars
at each table near the windows
and serve a bowl of clam chowder
that is perfectly
good enough for a quick lunch.
Let's see what's going on
down the pier.
It's looking like it was
a wonderful day out at sea.
Bringing in the catch.
Weighing the catch of the day.
I am wondering about her facial tattoos.
I didn't notice until looking at the photos
once we got home.
I looked online to see
if there was a Native American
tradition for chin tattoos.
I'll just say that tattoo
curiosity takes you to some
strange sites on the web ~~~
Anyway, the only
information I could only find
was this from a National Geographic site.
"Tattooing is enjoying a big renaissance around the world," says Chuck Eldridge of the Tattoo Archive in Berkeley, California. "Native American women in the Northwest are wearing chin tattoos again, reviving a cultural practice from centuries before the white man arrived."
source:
I have absolutely no idea
whether or not she's Native American
and I hope it's not impropper to wonder
about her tattoos and whether or not it
has a cultural significance.
I wonder if she would have minded
an honestly curious question.
Would it have even been polite to ask?
That fish was 40 pounds.
I think these guys were tired.


Thank you for this great tour of the coast! Your photography is lovely!
ReplyDeleteLove a working harbor! Great pics!
ReplyDeleteI would have asked her about her tatoos - I am always asking about people's tatoos - they fascinate me for some reason. I like to hear why they have a certain one and if any regrets. I have seen some weird ones let me tell you!
ReplyDeleteOnce again wonderful pictures!!!