Sunday, August 14, 2011

Patrick's Point State Park ~~~ Trinidad, CA


I hope you aren't tired of
Trinidad yet, because
there's more to share this week.
  

This time though,
we're visiting
 Patrick's Point State Park.


With six miles of trails within the park,
there's lots to explore. 
     

This is the rim trail, which follows
the  edge of the bluff for 2 miles
around three sides of the park.



In some places along the trail,
the plants are so lush that you
are isolated  and sheltered
 by walls of vegetation.



Banana slugs thrive in the 
cool  dampness of the often fog shrouded
coastal bluffs.



The rim trail
  offers excellent views of the
 ocean, and offshore rocks.
I had to take a fast photo of this
view as it was quickly changing
due to the winds blowing in
the fog bank and clouds.
The clouds looked like ocean waves.   



Ceremonial Rock
and the meadow before it.



  Spring and summer wildflowers
 bloom in the meadow and beside
the roads within the park.


This park means a lot to me
and my family.

I've camped here as a kid.

I brought my girlfriends
here to camp
(Hi Anita!) and to share
 what a special place this is.

  It was her first time to see the
ocean.  She'll tell you about the
raccoons eating our food in the middle
of the night. We didn't have much to share
with them, but share we did. 
We were too scared to
get out of the tent 
and shoo them away. 



I brought my husband
to Patrick's Point 
 in December of 1975.


We then brought our kids here to camp.



Now one of our kids
brings her kids
camping at Patrick's Point. 

I am thrilled that the love
of camping here has been
passed down to my grand kids.
 

It will probably take an entire
week just to explore just a portion
of  Patrick's Point
here on the blog. 
I hope you don't mind.


I've whittled down the number of
photos to share from Patrick's Point Park,
to about 60 or so ~~~


2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, memories of the racoons and laughing and laughing! I was so excited to see the ocean that is for sure! I would love to go there again and walk those trails!!! Thank you for sharing those pictures and bringing me back to those fond memories!!! I am sure you will be sharing that place with many more people to come! Do you remember Ruth, the girl that went with us? I can't remember her last name or I would search for her on FB.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.