Sunday, August 28, 2011

Kite Festival in Brookings, Oregon.


Most of the kites were grounded
due to lack of wind.


Even though it was wet,
there was a crowd to watch
the smaller kites dance in the sky.



The Vendors were colorful
underneath the drizzly grey sky.




Northwest offerings
  include
Oyster sandwiches.

um, no thanks.


Something for the guys.


It's your mate????

Perhaps a turkey leg
will do.


 Looks like the popcorn booth
was  a bit more enticing.


Snickerdoodle popcorn
  sounds good.

I love the gourds,


and these baskets.


Umbrellas were
a must have for some.





Here's a little 
something for the kids:


It's time go have fun.


 My Blogging time is limited right now.
We have family with us for an extended visit
while my mother in law's husband
is waiting for spine surgery on Tuesday.


I'll get back to finishing up
the vacation posts when I can. 
 (I know, it's taking forever, and I'm tired of them as well.)

I have a fishing boat wreck to show you,
some desert photos as well as an old dessert recipe,
a lavender farm...

For now though, it may be as sporadic
as it has been for the last week or so.
Thanks for understanding.

3 comments:

  1. I lifted your mother-in-law up in prayer.
    I once again enJOY your pictures and you sharing...I don't care if they are sporadic or not.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful festival! I envy your weather :)
    Praying for your family and MIL!
    xo, misha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of fun for everyone! One thing you can always count on in Oregon is a little moisture!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.