Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fabric

The other day Rick asked me what my plans were for the day. It was time to get out and away from being cooped up at home for way too long. So, I told him my plans were to go visit the Discover Shop (ACS thrift store), a quilt/crafters mall, and JoAnns. Yeah! He replied that I could only go if I spent money… which sounds awful unless you know my quirk.  I’m more than likely to put something I like back midway through shopping, even though I really like it. It’s a nasty habit… and it irritates him. So I bought 10 yards of this spring inspired fabric. I was thrilled to find it was on sale- half price, plus I used my 10% off coupon for the entire purchase. It’s Debbie Mumm fabric and I plan to make aprons. Now that I’ve made this public, I’d better get started. Nothing like a little blog incentive to get started and finish a project…or two, or three.

4 comments:

  1. I have one apron almost finished. Just some hand sewing left to do. I will post photos when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do people really wear aprons? I don't think I have ever wore one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Anita, you weren't the domestic one *then either. Yes, I've worn aprons forever. Messy cook I guess. I even have a heavy canvas garden apron that snaps up the sides to make a terrific produce carrier. I love wearing that one when I'm picking green beans.
    * Anita and I went to high school together way back in the early seventies.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.