Saturday, January 23, 2010

Defacing my cookbooks?

Do you leave notes in your cookbooks?  How about notes such as when you made the dish and whether or not you liked it?  Do you write about the changes or substitutions that you made? Did you note whether or not you’d like to make it again and how you might like to change it in the future if you come back to it? Do you mark recipes that you’d like to try in the future?  Do you  write about it being a recipe for a special occasion like a birthday dinner or a holiday?  I am guilty of all the above.  So there.

1 comment:

  1. That is pretty wise advice there! I for one open up a cook book very rarely. What I have done was copy my favorites, put them in a special notebook and I have actually ripped up cookbooks, and thrown away the ones that were "nasty".

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.