Saturday Conner, cousin Joyce
and I visited a lavender festival
in Whitmore which is about
an hour away from us.
The greenhouse and shop.
A few of the craft booths set up for the
lavender festival.
Thousands of bees were buzzing around.
It smelled absolutely wonderful.
I liked just the lavender sign,
not the unfinished stake, or the
burlap bow.
Loved this purple chair.
I'm thinking a thrift store
search mission for a cute
wooden chair that I can
color purple and place on
the garden path would be nice.
I'm sort of liking those little button yo-yo
accents on the pillows.
I did like this mosaic topped
iron table, but not so much the price.
These turtles caught my eye,
especially the plate edges
outlining the turtle shell.
The plants in this garden
labeled with the variety name.
I liked that you could see exactly
what the plants would look like
when mature.
Musicians playing in the gazebo.
Oh, and we all enjoyed some of
the kettle corn, especially Conner.
I really liked this idea for a hanging plant stand.
It would be hard to keep watered enough
in our heat.
Saturday we're expecting temps
to go back into the teens...
113*F.
Conner was looking a bit worried
because he say's the bridge was
a bit wobbly under his feet.
This was in a little fenced shaded
area where they serve
lavender tea,
lavender lemonade,
and lavender scones.
Conner loved the lavender tea,
and Joyce and I preferred the
lemonade.
Here's the link for
There's an interesting story
about how the land was developed
after a fire devastated the area.
Click on the 'About Us' link.
Here's another lavender farm
in our North State
and links to my posts about that visit.
http://patricia-heythereitsme.blogspot.com/2011/09/ready-for-another-road-trip-lavender.html
http://patricia-heythereitsme.blogspot.com/2011/09/mt-shasta-lavender-farm.html
Here's another lavender farm
in our North State
and links to my posts about that visit.
http://patricia-heythereitsme.blogspot.com/2011/09/ready-for-another-road-trip-lavender.html
http://patricia-heythereitsme.blogspot.com/2011/09/mt-shasta-lavender-farm.html


oh how
ReplyDeletei love Lavender(:)
that purple chair too
oh yes love her style and the raised beds(:)
Oh, I have some lavender out front, they are bee collecters for sure!! That purple chair sounds like a really neat idea for my garden also, sitting with the lavender. Love those turtles, not so much the price though. Conner looks like a good kid and lots of fun! Glad you had a good day.
ReplyDeleteOh my.. that last pic is gorgeous! What a view. I bet it did smell wonderful.. looks like a fun visit.
ReplyDeleteThe lavender is beautiful..I can only imagine how wonderful it smelled..I have two plants in my garden...Getting tired of this heat..Summer is much more confining to me than winter..
ReplyDeleteaw love Conner having a good time..that turtle is cute too
ReplyDeletetry and keep cool today(:)
You sure get to go to some neat places! Conner is so cute. You are blessed "grandma". Of course you know that. Lavender is nice. That is a good idea to get chair and paint it.
ReplyDelete