Friday, July 19, 2013

Nursery Visit Part 1


Oh for goodness sake,
I visited this nursery back in May,
and am finally sharing these photos.
I've been to this nursery three or four 
times since, and always 
come away with a bad case of 
'I want it all'.



Like this metal gazebo...
but at  $960.99 I don't think so.
By the way,
don't you think  tacking on that extra
99 cents is sort of... well,  tacky? (smile)

Anyway, lets grab a cart,


turn around and sigh...


Let the plant lust begin.


Be careful, the bees are buzzing.


I love the way this creeping thyme 
is trailing over the pot edge.


Wyntour  Garden Nursery,
is out by the Redding airport.
Planes fly over frequently while we 
lust after admire the plants.


Forgot to note what these are.


This is Mexican Hyssop ~ Grape Nectar.
I did purchase this.


I wanted to return to get this one,
but they didn't have it any longer.
It's Mexican Hyssop ~ Orange Nectar.



I've been fascinated with succulents lately,
but that hasn't always been the case.
I moved my chicken feeder succulent planter,
this morning.
I think they're being over watered 
and the parent hen and chick plant has died.



I think this blue pottery 
is a fantastic way of adding color.
I love how that red plant 
(lower right corner)
just stands out against the blue.


They have many tables full of 
lust worthy plants for sale.  
 The brightly colored celosia  
  caught my eye. 


Here's more of that blue pottery.
I  really like the water fountain pot. 
Wyntour has fountains tucked here
and there. 
The sound of water splashing
   just makes a hot day seem so much cooler.
Take care and I hope your weekend 
is cool enough to enjoy the flowers.

Next up:
More of the nursery visit
which will show up Sunday morning.
Take care.
   


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty visit to the nursery. Don't you just love the different ways they display all the pretty plants. I like those blue pots too. Oh yes and the water fountains...I am always checking out the fountains. A gazebo would be nice, but not for that price...(hahaha) ~ hope you are staying cool....time to go walk my dog and take a bike ride....it's a little cooler outside now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun place to wander through..I had those plants in my yard for a few years..Wish I could remember the names of them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it so hard to visit places like that, my want, wants can become overwhelming. That gazebo is gorgeous, I would definitely have lusted after it too, and yes the extra .99 is ridiculous. They should just put a tag on it that says "If you have to look at the price then you can't afford it".

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.