Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mt. Shasta Lavender Farm


 Catch your breath beautiful.


This lavender field is up the hill
next to the parking area.

It's my first visit here
so lets have a look around.


I didn't realize that
I should have taken my
stick-shift car rather than
the hybrid.

 I didn't know
I'd be driving on a very steep
 red~volcanic~rocky~dusty
road to get up the mountain.

~Slip Sliding Away~

We're buying tires for the
hybrid this week ... I don't think
it's my fault that we need
new tires so soon.


I owed Rick a car wash after that trip,
and yes I did help wash his, mine, and
his moms when she was here visiting.
I hate washing cars...



and ironing.


See the 'mountain'  directly above
the left side of the
 second planter pot from the right. 

~~~ waiting while you scroll back up ~~~


 That's Black Butte which is 23 miles away
from the lavender farm. 
    It's a cluster of overlapping lava domes from eruptions of Mt. Shastina
that occurred
 9,000  to 10,000 years ago. 
~~~
Just thought you'd like to know.
~~~
OK, OK, I wanted to know.
Black Butte is practically
in our daughter's back yard.
Good thing these volcanoes
are dormant... I think.
   

I think I would love
to have a fountain,
and this view. 



Time to stop worrying about
volcanoes and go smell the lavender.


This lavender wagon is kind of cute.
~~~
Dear Rick.  No, I don't want a cute wagon.
But if you're  thinking of a fantastic gift,
 consider this fountain:


I think he's probably shaking his head no.
sigh


He knows garden pots
and bags of soil in the spring time
are one of my favorite gifts.
It's true.


Look closely at the waters edge
 on the right hand side of the fountain.
It's loaded with thirsty bees.


I don't know about you,
but I absolutely love these colors. 


That's it
from the lavender farm.

Oh, and one more thing,
they water the lavender plants with
naturally occurring soda water
from their well.
How cool is that?


5 comments:

  1. Wow, those images are really something. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a breathtaking set of pictures and Yes, I had to laugh when you said, "scroll back up" because that's exactly what I had to do!! You're a funny girl who takes amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really awesome images here. And that mountain is beautiful! Ironing?? Never in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is this "ironing" of which you speak?

    Is this the Lavender farm in Whitmore? The Gooches? or something like that? Richard and Lynette?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking shots there! I'm telling you make a book!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.