Hi there, It's five in the morning as I write
this, so... Good Morning!
Saturday we went to the dump.
It's not my favorite thing to do, but
we did bring back a yard of compost
for the gardens around the front deck.
So that was good.
I usually try to avoid going to the dump.
Gee, I wonder why. (laughing)
Rick knows this...
So on our way he asks
"Are you alright?"
Me: "I'm going to the dump."
Him: "Then you're ecstatic!"
Um, OK.
We also stopped at the vets
for Liberty's checkup and shots.
Guess what she weighs.
66.6
Rick started laughing when
he saw the numbers.
It's a sign.
Liberty:
"What? Play Ball! Squirrel!"
Remember this:
Liberty 'accidentally' knocked it over,
shattering the red glass.
She also chewed up that plastic lizard
which was actually a water emitter for the
irrigation system. It added water to the
bird bath when the porch garden
got watered. Ah well.
This happened quite awhile ago,
and actually Liberty is getting less destructive.
The worst thing she does now
is jump up on visitors...
which has been very difficult to handle.
We're probably going back for more training.
She really is turning into a good dog,
but there have been trying times.
Rick's dad, gave us this bowl
several years ago,
and it fits perfectly into the bird bath frame.
The bird bath has been moved
into a fenced off garden where it's
safe from Liberty... I hope.
Yesterday, I was fertilizing the potted
plants and some of the garden with fish emulsion.
It's nasty smelly stuff, but the plants love it.
I accidentally doused myself with it,
face and all. Oh my.
Then later,
my new iron started smoking.
Now that's just wrong...
Today's got to be better.
I'm heading downstairs for coffee.
Talk to you soon.


aahhhh....this too shall pass. Fish emulsion....have not used that stuff in a long time. I do still have 1/2 gallon downstairs. maybe that would keep the squirrels away from the bird houses?!?!?!?! Going to also try vasoline on the the shepherd hooks so they can't crawl up and get at the bird seed....Kylie chases the squarrels but they have not gotten the message yet!! Bad squrrels!!!
ReplyDeleteLiberty strikes again...But she's so beautiful...Hope your iron is OK and that your day got better.
ReplyDeletethe coffee ..yes yes take a break (:)
ReplyDeleteI see you are still having "fun" with your sweet Liberty. We are also still dealing with chewing but it isn't as bad as before, I think she just gets bored. The worst thing she has chewed is the sewer covers on the bottom of our RV, she has chewed two sets off...disgusting.
ReplyDeleteThat bowl is gorgeous and a perfect fit for that birdbath. See, Liberty is making you think outside the box, you would have never happened upon that combination otherwise.
Have a good weekend.
I like the bowl too.
ReplyDelete