Friday, August 3, 2012

Salt Creek Fire


The Salt Creek fire
has burned 900 acres
so far, and is 30% contained.


They expect 
full containment on Sunday.
Yeah!


Smoke fills the air
from this fire,
and another one
 to the East of us.


I took these photos yesterday
from the  Bridge Bay Marina
  on Shasta Lake.



 The lake level was
48.3 feet from the crest.
August 1, 2012.



Liberty is home,
and doing well.
She's back to being her usual
puppy chewing self.
She's eating prescription 
food for a few days,
and is back on antibiotics.

We hope she's done
visiting the vets office for awhile.

At least until her next 
set of vaccine shots
in three weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad we aren't in a part of the country that is subject to wild fires..Of course it can happen anywhere..Scary..So glad that Liberty is on the mend..We don't do so well when our four legged pals are sick..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope and pray for containment on that fire. That is a little too close for comfort I would say.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.