Yeah, finally it's
harvest time.
My first harvest of
yellow zucchini,
baby Persian cucumbers,
and a handful of green beans.
After a very late start this spring,
I'm just now getting a bit
of fresh produce from our new
raised bed garden.
The garden may be small,
but it's so nice to be able
harvest something fresh for
our summer meals.
There's no tomatoes yet and
it may be a long while to wait.
The plants are just now getting
their first blooms.
I started the plants from
seeds straight into the soil
long after it was time to start the plants.
We'll see if we get any tomatoes
this season. If not, it's OK.
I'll have next spring to try again.
The cucumbers
are doing well.
Baby Persian cucumbers
are my favorite.
Hopefully they'll
supply enough cucumbers
to allow me to process
a batch of pickles.
I'm down to the last jar.
Note for Rick:
Thanks for all the hard work
this spring, making the raised bed,
and getting the top soil and compost
ready for our own little garden.
It's appreciated!


So pretty and colorful! I love the garden season. It takes a lot of watering in this weather, doesn't it!
ReplyDeleteMmm.. yum! Its been so dry here. The corn is puny, but the tomatoes are growing well.
ReplyDeleteOur garden did not do well this year pretty much burned up when we had those couple of days of 105 temps which is unusual for here. We still have some grape and cherry tomatoes out there and sweet potatoes. The carrots didn't do well and the beets were small. I hope it will do better next year. Our friends who live 45 minutes from here had a big garden this year and gave Chuck some purple peppers, jalapeno', corn and butternut squash yesterday. Neighbors corn dried up so we din't get any this year.
ReplyDeleteYour fresh produce looks wonderful. I have harvested cauliflower, Zucchini, pea pods and one lonely cucumber. I am hoping the beets will be ready soon but I don't know, they are so puny. I had my first sungold tomato yesterday but the other two tomato plants aren't doing so well. Hopefully your garden will continue to be generous.
ReplyDeleteYour veggies look wonderful..I'm not a fan of zucchini but the cukes look yummy..Love the bee pictures...Enjoy the "fruit" of your garden..
ReplyDelete