Hey there,
It certainly has been
awhile since I've been upstairs to
use my computer.
About the time I posted last,
we were busy with the
hillside weed whacking,
filling a garden bed with new
soil and mushroom compost,
and getting ready for company.
We didn't finish but we made
some good progress.
What I thought was going to be
normal aches and pains from
the weed whacking and gardening,
turned out to be much worse.
So for this past week,
I've been wearing a clam shell brace
around my torso.
I'm feeling a bit turtle like.
My head is spinning
with terms like spine compression fractures,
wedge fractures, and osteopenia / osteoporosis.
Isn't that just dandy...
I'm supposed to stay positive,
but finding even that difficult.
I'm determined to get through
this with the best possible outcome.
About the photos:
The hummingbird feeders
are quite small. They came
two in a package from Lowe's.
Each holds about 1/3 cup of
sugar solution. They also came
with little stakes meant for placing
the feeders in hanging
baskets. I clipped them to
the clematis trellis out on the front deck.
Since the feeders are in the sun,
I was able to capture the hummingbirds
flashy colors for the photos.
The feeders small size means I'll have
to refill them daily,
but that's good since the sun
would spoil the solution rather quickly.
Have a great weekend.
Take care!


Bummer about the clam shell brace! Just do what the doc says, please. Maybe you just need to rest! I had to quit "jogging" last week, pulled a muscle, but it is feeling better, I babied it. I may just stick to walking - unless I can get me a pair of new running shoes. Now my shoulder is hurting like fire because of my new job being on the computer all day and then coming home and jumping on mine. :) Right now I am icing it. My Chiro says ICE IS NICE! Any pain, ice! I iced my leg too, he was right.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, enough of pain! I really liked those beautiful pictures If you need cheering up - go back to your older posts and enjoy the pictures that you posted! Just a thought. :)
Take care now! Love ya!
Chuck put out the humingbird feeders today after he saw one buzzing around the front porch when the neighbor was over. Only one so far. I am getting around a bit better today if only I could remember to take my pain pills every 4 hours! I was sitting on the couch trying to get comfy and watch a movie when I realized I hadn't had any pain meds in 4 hours! They want me to take them at first which helps when I have to exercise. I just wish the swelling would go down on my knee. I missed my afternoon exercises that won't happen again! The therapist comes 3 times a week and I exercise every day twice per day. No pain, no gain.
ReplyDeleteNow that doesn't sound like a good way to start your summer, in a brace that is. Please take it easy and let yourself heal.
ReplyDeleteLove the photo's of the hummingbirds, especially the one with the magenta colored head.
Oh my gosh Patrica there's nothing like have a back that plaques you! Ahhh! I'm so sorry! Let me tell you though, your photography skills are absolutely AMAZING!! Holy Cow, Humming birds move so fast and you have them suspended in mid air!
DeleteFantastic job!!
Hope your back feels better soon!!
Oh my gosh Patrica there's nothing like have a back that plaques you! Ahhh! I'm so sorry! Let me tell you though, your photography skills are absolutely AMAZING!! Holy Cow, Humming birds move so fast and you have them suspended in mid air!
DeleteFantastic job!!
Hope your back feels better soon!!
I am in AWWWW over your hummingbird shots. Those are amazing. Those little wings are SO hard to catch and you did it. Great job!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the brace, but I have to agree, keep positive, and take it easy.
Oh sorry to hear of your brace! Yuk! Just do things that are not so taxing! I feed the hummies, too. I have so many! And if I don't get their feeders filled back up after they eat it all, I swear, they dive bomb me!! I just love their little jewel bodies, dive bombers or not.
ReplyDelete