Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day



Memorial Day
May 30, 2012
Taps:

 Day is done,
gone the sun,
from the lakes,
from the hills,
from the sky.
All is well,
safely, rest,
God is near.




 Fading light,
Dims the sight,
and a star gems the sky
gleaming bright.
From afar,
drawing near, 
falls the night.

 Thanks and praise,
for our days,
neath the sun,
neath the sky,
neath the stars.
As we go,
this we know.
God is near.



3 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful tribute to some brave men and women. It's nice to know that this kind of honor continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I loved this post!!!
    Thanks and praise,
    for our days,
    neath the sun,
    neath the sky,
    neath the stars.
    As we go,
    this we know.
    God is near.

    Powerful! All of it! I can't imagine what kind of lives they had when some of them were POW's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, what a well deserved tribute. thanks for sharing it with us. Unfortunately while in WDW on Memorial day we missed out
    on all the days festivities. I was surprised at how little attention was paid... sad.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.