Wearing this clam shell brace isn't
exactly fun, but hey ... you do what
you've got to do.
The brace has an opening in front
for breasts. Um, yeah... so they're
lifted up and out. Way too far out.
So they're
a bit obnoxious to me.
When I leave the house
I throw on a big over shirt
to feel a bit less self conscious.
My dear husband says I remind him
of opera singers with their cinched waists
and enhanced bodices.
He says:
All I have to do is sing. (smile)
I feel like taping a little sign
on my brace just above the 'girls'.
It will say, "my eyes are up here"
with an arrow pointing up.
A senior friend
has a new nickname for me.
She called me Harbor Lights
yesterday while we were having
lunch at Seniors...
I'm thinking of strategically adding
a bit of red and green fabric
to my shirt next week for
game day.
One will be for the port side
and the other will be starboard.
For her eyes only,
of course.
It's all in good fun,
because humor helps.
Other stuff:
Have you noticed PicMonkey
now has the collage feature
and textures to play with?
Yeah!
Our nesting crows are busy tending
to their babies. I see them at
the bird baths often. They're
getting bread crusts from one
of our neighbors because I see
the crows dunking the bread into
the birdbath water to soften it up a bit.
They're making a mess, but that's OK.
~~~
I was just outside to enjoy
a few minutes of crow watching.
While sitting at the picnic table
on the deck a noise off in the garden
drew my attention.
It was a turkey
coming up for a drink from the
concrete bird bath which was
not ten feet from me.
He dipped his beak into the water
that was chest high to him.
I guess it wasn't quite good
enough, because he hopped up
on the teetering bird bath
to scratch around in the water
and took another sip.
He stepped around to the edge
of the bath, and tipped it off
the pedestal. Ah, ha...
So that's who knocked the
birdbath down earlier this week.
I was wondering how it happened,
but I didn't say anything to anyone.
Why?
I'm not supposed to be lifting
weight, and I would have
had to explain how the
concrete (heavy) bird bath
got put back together...
Guess I'm in trouble again
today, because I've already
taken care of it.
Those birds need their
water right?
P.S. I was careful.
This butterfly was
resting on our Jasmine
which is now in full bloom.
How lucky I felt to find that
it had stayed in place
while I went upstairs to get
the camera.
Yesterday, while out on the deck,
a gorgeous butterfly flitted by.
It had orange spots
on the tips of it's wings.
It fluttered by the flowers
blooming in the pots on deck,
and then drifted off the deck,
over the driveway and
off into the woods.
I'd love to see it again.
~~~
Rick and a family member are
fencing in the garden area off the
front deck. Fence posts holes
are drilled. Wooden posts are
cemented into place. Other posts
were pounded in. Next up is
the fence wiring. Hopefully
it will deter the deer a bit.
I haven't planted the garden or the
new raised beds yet,
but once the fence is done,
I will get to it.
'Little Miss No Name'
our new puppy will be home
with us in about two weeks.
The new fencing project is all
about her as well.
She'll help deter the deer from
getting into the garden when
she's outside.
We're going to be shopping
for puppy supplies this weekend.
So far the only thing we have
are puppy pads...
Oh boy, the joys of potty training.
Now that's something to look
forward to.
I'm skipping out of potty training
duties for a few days
(right after we get her)
to go over to the coast
next month with a few
girlfriends.
Hopefully by the time I get
back the puppy will be
100 percent trained right?
One can hope,
so please don't burst my bubble.
I'm ready to start sewing a
couple of new totes as soon
as I sign off for today.
Have a great holiday weekend.
Take care!







What a beautiful shot of that butterfly!!! I like your humor about your brace - it is great medicine. I have missed reading your blogs, I am trying to get caught up! I do so enjoy them!!! I like the idea about the puppy training I am sure Rick will do a wonderful job!
ReplyDeleteI DID notice that PicMonkey has collage now and I'm So glad. I really missed that feature. Cant wait to play around with it.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're being a trooper with your brace, I like that. Humor.. its sometimes the only way to get through trials in life.
BTW.. I just discovered our hummingbird nest yesterday. They are living in a blue spruce pine next to my daughters window.
Time to get out the sugar water and see I can capture their beauty. I doubt I'll even get close to your shots.. they are superb!