Sunday, May 6, 2012

May's Flower Moon


Oh my gosh,
we were way too tired
to head out on the boat
last night to catch the moon rise.


So instead,
we headed to Turntable Bay Road,
to watch the moon rising over
the Lassen Range.


Mt. Lassen is the other snow covered
volcano here in Northern CA.



It was beautiful.










I don't understand why the 
moon isn't as orange in the photos
as it was in person.  
I think I should take a photography class
down at Crown Camera.


That's a campfire/bonfire on the shore line.


We weren't the only ones there 
to take photos.  There were six of us.
Three couples.
But what I found curious is that it
was just us women with the cameras.
Why?
How sweet though,
that the men were there
to support our hobby/obsessions.


Thanks hon,
it was the perfect ending to a long
day of weed whacking and shoveling
compost. 
Now, back to work.
(smile)

7 comments:

  1. Once again, beautiful photo's. I especially love the ones where the moon is reflecting across the water.

    I didn't get to see this famous moon last night, I crashed in the recliner and was snoring at 9:30 and forgot all about the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man those are some AMAZING pictures of the moon, holy cow! You are an incredible photographer!!

    Nicely done you really captured the moon at it's finest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular! The moon was so beautiful. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I hope you don't mind but can I use a couple of your pictures for my blog. I want to show people Mt. Lassen and those pictures are awesome! Let me know okay. Patricia - every picture you take amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those are absolutely gorgeous! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What incredible photos! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.