We were sorely tempted
to skip the Reno portion of our
trip and head straight home from
Mt. Shasta.
Home at that point
was only an hour away.
It was already 4:45 PM.
Home in one hour
or on to Reno,
another 218 miles to go.
Reno or Bust!
There's miles and miles
of high desert to drive
through on the way to
and from the glittery lights
of Reno NV.
Reno is a bit shabby, but
what the hay.
We go there to
see the shows and to just get away.
Not that we needed to get away
any longer at this point.
We had already been gone
forever a week.
I didn't take photos
while in Reno.
Let's just say:
What happens in Reno
goes undocumented...
Hey, nothing happened.
We're grandparents for goodness sakes.
wink wink
We did see a show 'Illuminaire'
and enjoyed our time there.
There's very little
of interest on this highway
for this non desert loving gal.
So I'm going to show you the
highlights of driving through
this stretch of road on our way home.
Now,
Don't Blink
or you'll miss
seeing the town.
That was Hallelujah Junction, CA.
Here's one of
California's Roadside
Attractions.
Nothing but fun
I tell ya.
Shoe Tree,
just 2 1/2 miles north
of Hallelujah Junction.
Tied one on did you?
Lame, I know.
OK then,
here's a spot of color
besides the sage/grey/green
along this forsaken~barren~treeless~landscape.
Red Rock
Yep, that was the highlights.
Now, onto greener vistas.
Heading back towards
Mt. Lassen.
Just another hour,
through the mountain
passes and we're home.
Finally!
Yep, Poke me ~~~
I'm so done with this road trip.


I've tried at least 10 times to center the first photo. I GIVE UP! Like I said, I'm DONE. Off to get something else done. Take care, Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderfull trip and great photo's. Thanks for sharing Patti. I remember our military days when we drove across country. First time was with oldest daughter Lisa who was 2 1/2 and our cairn terrier Misty and our camping trip in a Pinto station wagon. Left out of Travis Air Force base. Second trip across in 1985 Ft. Meade, MD with 3 older kids and no dog! They still remember some of our trips especially camping trips and our last overseas tour Misawa Japan.
ReplyDeleteYeah. I have been on that road to Reno. I know you are glad to be home. I always give a rocket fist pump when I cross the Shasta County Line!!
ReplyDeleteIt all looks good to me. Seeing Mt. Lassen really made me homesick!!! I thought that was the best picture posted on this blog - but wow, I sure have enjoyed your trip! I am so glad you posted all those pictures. I like how you captured the "road trip to Reno" - you brought some of its beauty out. I am sure you will be capturing more photos - will keep looking forward to seeing them. :)
ReplyDelete