Friday, November 19, 2010

OK, then, this time it was NOT my fault!

Was it just seven months ago 
when I wasn't even driving it?
Um ~ yeah, and I wasn't even in the car either.
Now it's Rick's car.
How inconvenient.
Rats!



We were waiting to turn left out of Walmart's
parking lot, when an elderly gentleman
backed into us from his parking spot.
He was awfully sorry, and came out of his truck
saying he did see us, but  his brakes weren't working.
Um ~~ OK.


We're in contact with insurance companies now,
and we've been told it will probably be around the 30th before it
can be fixed.  Double rats.

 

I'm cooking two turkeys tomorrow for a potluck at Seniors.
The turkeys are cleaned and ready to roast tomorrow.
Today, I am simmering turkey necks and giblets with onions and
herbs from the garden for a stock to make gravy with tomorrow.
There's fresh baked  loaves of bread  just out of the oven.
 Oh, it smells so good,  just like Thanksgiving Day.
I just hope by Thursday, I don't feel like this.

This is a photo of a magazine page torn from
an Home Companion magazine that I saved.
Boy do I miss that magazine.  I love Mary Engelbreit's style.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is a shame. Dealing with insurance can be such a pain as well. Hopefully it all works out in the end. I too LOVE Mary Engelbreit!! Such cute artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch on the car - but yeah on the turkeys!!! You just amaze me doing all that! Fresh homemade bread - yum!!!
    We enJOYed pumpkin pie - but it was one from a store, but still good. Jerry's folks will be up for Thanksgiving so I am sure we will have some real good pumpkin pie and then some then! His sister-in-law is making the turkey. :)

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.