I’ve spent awhile stewing about what this post should be about. The 100th post should be about something special, something big, something memorable. I’ve been actively blogging since November I think. I started way before, but truly committed in November. I worried about what direction this blog was going. And what to focus on.
My main purpose in keeping up with this blog was to keep in touch with family and friends. It’s turned into just a collection of things going on with what I’m doing, what I’m interested in, and sharing bits and pieces of our life that’s not too personal, after all this is a public blog.
And so my blog has become a record of just that ~~ bits and pieces. It won’t be all about the sewing projects which definitely are on the back burner as now spring chores are priority now. Ugh. Weeds.
Documenting the family garden at our cousins home will probably take center stage for the summer, along with lake stories. The lake is up to 12.04’ from the crest (YEAH!!!). This won’t be a cooking blog, but there will be some with a few recipes here and there. It won’t focus on my volunteer work at the Senior Center. It definitely won’t focus on decorating~ ahem ~ anyone with a pitch fork, a fishing creel and a red wooden horse harness thingy on their great room wall, has no business showing off her non existence decorating skills.
I could make the 100th post about all of the above, but no. This post will be about some thing stupid that I just did Saturday morning. I was only trying to be careful and not scratch my car with the lawn mower that is stored in front of the car in our garage. So I did what I’ve always done, hand pushed the car out of the garage PART way… to get room enough to get the mower out. But there still wasn’t room ~~~ because of the ‘future’ green house lumber stack. (See it’s not my fault. LOL) So I pushed the car further out the garage door, onto the gravel driveway that I always thought was fairly flat.
But no.~~~ apparently it has a few degrees of slope. Enough of a slope, that the car gained momentum and I couldn’t stop it. I couldn’t hold on tight to the mirror. I couldn’t stop the car by grasping at the hood windshield edge. I couldn’t use all my might to stop the car while yelling Help! Help!! Help!!!, with plenty of time for Rick to stop washing the window, to get off the scaffolding over the stair well, to get down the stairs to help me stop the car. Those seconds were lasting for a long ~~~ long ~~~ time ~~ to me. So I stood in shock as my still pretty car with hardly any door dings ran over the iris bed, and busted through a cedar fence on the other side of the driveway.
Off the side it went, down a steep but small hill onto the campfire lawn, and smacked into an oak tree. The only part of this that Rick managed to see was the tree shaking.
Thank goodness the ground was saturated with spring rain, and the tree was small,
which stopped it from going down a second small hill and across the driveway down to the pole barn and off into the neighbors fence and a brushy ravine.
I can’t believe I can wreck a car~~ being 100 % responsible for the accident and not even be the driver. Sheesh, and I don't even want to hear any dumb blond jokes right now.
The bumper is cracked and the trunk is dinged in and has a ripple fold across the top.
Both sides are scratched from the cedar fence boards. Both side view mirrors are slightly damaged.
Repair appointment is Wednesday~~ and I hate that I have some 'splaining to do. Oh how I wish I hadn't set this all in motion, and the car had stayed up the hill where it belongs.
Poor Rick
can’t stop laughing.
~~ at me ~~
Since Saturday morning.
can’t stop laughing.
~~ at me ~~
Since Saturday morning.
Since that morning, we’ve seen our cousins, our daughter and her fiance,
and 40 or so members of our Potluck gang at the Senior Center Saturday night
~~~ and didn’t tell a soul ~~~
and 40 or so members of our Potluck gang at the Senior Center Saturday night
~~~ and didn’t tell a soul ~~~
So that I could have
something
BIG
to share
for my 100th post.
~sigh~
something
BIG
to share
for my 100th post.
~sigh~


Well we are indeed kindred spirits because I can TOTAlly see myself doing the same thing!
ReplyDelete