Some of our most colorful fall trees are these imports from China.
Pistacia chinensis
In English: Chinese Pistache
In Chinese: 黄连木
Some of the city planners for Shasta Lake City,
used grant funds to create the most beautiful
interchange/exit landscapes in our area.
Nothing in nearby Redding (a much larger town)
matches the colorful landscape of this towns two exits.
Way to go SLC.
You have not noticed, that I took these photos while driving.
ahem...
OK, then.
Here's some color shots
taken from the parking lot of
the Rehab hospital that
we've been visiting for the past couple
of months.
My father in law is there
recovering from gall bladder
surgery. He's 86 now,
a WWII veteran.
He participated in the D~day
landing on the beaches of Normandy.
Day # 3, I think.
It's sad being there ~ seeing patients
who obviously won't be going home.
Spending the autumn years of their lives in a place
that I hope to never be.
We're thankful this season
that we do get to see him come home.
Back to his usual seat at the Senior Center.
Back to painting Christmas villages
with his unsteady hands.
Back to his salty language
that he has no interest in curbing.
(smile)
And back into our grateful hugs.
Welcome home soon Dad.


BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!! I do so love the autumn colors. I agree with you on what you said about "not wanting to go to senior center" - but if I do, I hope to make the best of it! I am sure your father-in-law enjoys your visits! Tell him from one vet to another "HAPPY VERTERANS' DAY!"
ReplyDelete