Monday, November 8, 2010

Honey Do



This little honey pot is ready to be filled with honey.
First though I had to get my Costco sized jar/bottle of honey
back into a pourable state. It had crystalized.
Don't ask me why I needed such a huge jug of honey.
I didn't and I don't.
But it was such a good price and I think at the time
I was interested in a recipe for honey jelly.
Well that didn't happen.
But crystalized  honey did.
I've tried before to melt the crystals,
setting bottles in heated water,
only to have the bottle warp.
Not this time.
 I used a  plastic bag (from the newspaper wrapper)
that fit snugly around the honey bottle,
 tied the end and sent my wrapped honey through
the dishwasher cycle with a load full of dishes.
Most of the crystals melted back into their sweet goodness.
The next day,  I sent it one more time  through the dishwasher
with the  dishes using the no heat drying cycle,
and now the honey is ready to use once again.
Sweet!


 Sunday,  we switched up the two upstairs bedrooms.
What was the craft/guest room
 has now become Rick’s office/guest room.
What was our shared office space,
is now my office/craft room.
   It took us ALL day to switch contents between the rooms.
 It’s truly a luxury
to have a dedicated room and space to work on projects
whether its for crafts or sewing or using the computer.
There’s no more packing every thing up
to clear off the dining room table,
 or getting the craft/guest room, back to being child proofed for
our grandkid visitors.
 For now I just need to get this room organized. 
Hopefully soon, because I have got to get back to creating something.
 ~~~
 Anything,
 that doesn't add to the Honey Do list for Rick.

2 comments:

  1. That is THE cutest honey hive! Good tip about de crystalizing the honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to HAVE YOUR OWN SPACE! Jerry made me an "office" using our extra bedroom. He uses it very little. I am right now organizing it better - getting rid of stuff!!!

    I too like the idea about the honey and that adorable jar!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.