Alright... Where's the ramp?
The lake has risen so fast that the marina personnel cannot keep the boat docks attached to the shoreline, well not the docks but the connecting walkways to the them. The boat docks themselves are cable anchored. It’s a constant process with the lake level rising or falling depending upon the season. In January, the lake rose 43 feet. It’s still only 57% full. Shasta Lake has 370 miles of shoreline.
Our ferry across to the boat dock.
On our way around the island to the boat ramp. If the lake was full, we wouldn't get to enjoy a chilly ride around the island. We were bundled up in coats and cruising slowly to avoid the wind chill effects.
Our boat dock is over the lake bed hill to the left.We took advantage of our chilly but dry Sunday to take the boat off of the lake to refuel, shampoo the carpet to clean up a spill, wipe down the upholstery and to power wash the pontoons.
Several hours later.
We were back in time to launch and get the boat around to the boat dock before dark, but not before having to wait for the 30 or so bass tournament participants to get their boats out. We could have gotten in line and launched our boat while they were getting theirs out. One of the bass fishermen called out to us that we should do just that. No thanks, we'd rather not slow you all down. Really we'll wait. I'd be so nervous. I really dislike launching or retrieving the boat when too many people are around watching or waiting for us. OK, I'm a wuss. I would have panicked and stalled the truck… we would have had to trade jobs and I would have had to steer the boat in amongst the professionals to try to get it to the pier … I hardly think I could at all. Nope, I’d be the one heading to a shore line to beach it and Rick would have had to come get me and the boat. Yep, it would probably be quite a walk for him. Cause I would have driven it off into the sunset...out of sight from all those bass pro's. Ya know.


No comments:
Post a Comment
It is so nice to hear from you.