Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Trying new foods.

 My friend Anita has a blog and on todays post she asks:   What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food?  Her answer is BBQ shark.
   For me the most "adventurous" dish  I've ever tried was a brothy noodle soup topped with vegetables and strips of  horse meat.  Yeah, I'm sorry horse lovers.   This was in Japan when we were stationed at Misawa AFB during our Navy years.  Right now the most adventurous we can get here in our land locked  hometown is at our favorite sushi bar.  Raw fish.  I don't think sushi  is too adventurous,  but I  can't convince my friends to try it.   Oh well.  Does octopus count as an adventerous food?

4 comments:

  1. OOOO that was a risky adventure eating horse. What I loved the most in Japan when I was there was their pizza! I also loved their Raman Soup. I wonder if I ever ate horse and didn't know it...Love, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anita, Remember when we got together in our hotel room to visit with you when we were down in Yokosuka (Tokyo area) for just a week and you were on your way through to somewhere else? Who would have thought two gals from EHS would wind up in Japan at the same time for different reasons several years later. Sigh, and now even that was long ago. My grandkids are the age my children were then. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty remember when you, I and two other gals went to Korea? You guys left early to go back and I and the other gal stayed on. I don't think I would do that again! I would love to revisit Misawa (minus the snow remember the moon boots?). I have enjoyed your blog now if I could just keep my blog up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I remember, and I spent all my vacation spending money back in Japan at the Bazaar the following weekend. I remember how very hot it was in the hotel, and how I couldn't find anything I wanted spend the money on in Korea. I remember the sirens going off and everyone having to duck into the shops and wait out the drill. Our flight back was eventful. We had to land in Punsan and Tague, (forgive the spelling) and had mechanical troubles in one location. We were just hoping with crossed fingers to get out of there before dark. Otherwise we would have had to stay overnight. One of the gals name was Renee, and I lost touch with her. I can't think of the fourth name. Good times and great memories.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.