Last night I made Cashew Chicken from a recipe in this book.
It turned out good, but not exactly what I was expecting.
Rick loves cashew chicken when we eat out at Chinese restaurants. This was good, but different.
The restaurants here just can't compete with Old Miyaki's, a Chinese restaurant in Misawa Japan. Not even this recipe can surpass a 25 year old memory of how it should taste. So, on to a light dessert.
We've never tried this before. I found it for 99 cents at our Winco grocery store. It's OK.
This is half a serving. It's mild and soft. We also have a peach/mango flavor to try. I don't think I'll be buying this again. The pumpkin loaves are from the Libby's pumpkin bread kit I got for $1.98 at Winco. The kits were much more expensive during the holidays. It made two loaves with eggs, water and oil to add to the mix. It's good. I don't usually buy mixes as I actually like cooking from scratch. One loaf went to work with Rick this morning. The second loaf is going to the Senior Center with me this afternoon for Game Day. The gals should really like it. I'm also taking sandwich baggies so they can take it all home.
I am currently reading this, a fun and light hearted read.


No comments:
Post a Comment
It is so nice to hear from you.