Thursday, February 18, 2010

Curried Cauliflower and Chicken Stew

Here's another dinner from Williams-Sonoma Asian Food Made Fast. I love the high ratio of vegetables to meat. 
Yes, I did trim more of the fat off the boneless skinless chicken thighs.
The recipe starts with an interesting sauce technique.  You need to blend together an onion, fresh ginger, fresh garlic and 1 tablespoon water.

Saute the onion blend in a couple tablespoons of oil until it starts to brown.
No, this isn't burning.  It's after adding some curry powder and salt.  Cook 10 seconds until aromatic.

Add some  seeded and chopped tomatoes.  This wasn't enough but I only had two tomatoes.  Store bought ones, but hey the garden season is just around the corner.  This cooks for about 5 minutes until the tomatoes break down.
Add a can of unsweetened coconut milk and some water. Bring to a simmer.  Stir in chicken pieces.

Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add a whole head of cauliflower and it's supposed to be green beans.  Still don't have those.  So, ahem,  store bought zuchinni.   Yep, I'm finally resorting to store bought zuchinni.  After a summer time of fresh garden zuchinni, you think we would be tired of it.  Nope, I'm craving it again. 

 .
Cover again and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.

Oops.  steamy photo.  Try taking photo several times blowing the lens dry and clicking ...fast before it steams up again.
There!   Verdict.  It's good.  The first time I made this, I did have the green beans.  I like the zuchinni in it just as much.  I'm sure other vegetables would be a good addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to hear from you.