Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Patrick's Point State Park Part 2


Forgive me if you think there's been
too many posts on our trip to the coast.


It's just that I want these photos 
on the blog for me.


It's become a journal of some of 
my life, likes, and loves.
I happen to enjoy looking back
at the posts and remembering where
we went and what we've been up to.


So to you bloggers, 
I have a question.
Who do you blog for?


Are you mindful of your readers,
especially the ones who comment often,
and think of them when you blog?
Or are you blogging for family and 
friends, and it just happens,
that your/our blogs 
attracts a few
 like minded blogger friends?
I think it's a bit of both for me,
although I started blogging with just my
own friends and family invited
to a private blog. 


I have friends and family that seldom
if ever comment here on the blog.


Sometimes,
 they comment in person
 on something from the blog,
but it's not that often.


Is it that way for you also?


Does it bother you?
Truthfully, it does bother me a bit...
That's when this blogging,
 feels so one sided.
But then again, 
 I'm blogging because I like it. 
 It satisfies a creative
process involving writing,
 and photography.


Today this post is 
a one way conversation to you


  as I am taking an internet break
for a couple of weeks.
If you happen to answer these 
questions, just know that I appreciate
them and I'll get back to you
later this month or early next month.


When this posts,
I will have already 
been offline for a week.



 I wrote several posts 
ahead of time to fill in the time
I'm taking away from being online,
and to post about our trip
to the coast in a somewhat
timely manner.



We all need some time away,
to unplug and refresh ourselves.
Gather new photos and stories.


When this posts, I'll still have
almost another week of new adventures
away from social networks, 
online connections, and even phones.


Sometimes, you just have to
be a bit selfish and just
go for it. 
Relax, escape and unwind.
Set aside worrying
about everything, and just go.


That's exactly what we're doing.

P.S.  
Just to bug you, 
there's one more post 
on our trip to the coast...
HA!!!!! 










3 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your posts of your travels. I get to see other parts of the country that I haven't seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like your posts.....probably will never get to your neck of the woods and vacation spots so traveling with you on your blogs is a bit of vacation to me. To answer your question......not sure why I get my feathers ruffled but seeing comments on my blogs lets me know people are reading them...I like the comments. No comments means no readers. I guess I put blogs up for others to read hoping they like some of the things I do and just enjoy visiting with me. I do enjoy visiting other blogs and will usually comment. I am always looking for new ideas to write. I used to keep a journal, so keeping blogs is the most logical way to go and I like typing and taking pictures too, I've not traveled a lot...we really need to take a weekend trip some time this summer. Have a nice couple of weeks off, and yes we all need a break here and there to enjoy the wonderful weather and beautiful scenery and just live life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tire of your pictures Pat they are always beautiful. I love coastal scenery. I do the same thing. My blogs stores my pictures for posterity.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.