Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Back to the Memorial Lighthouse/Trailhead and the Museum.


Trinidad's  fog bell.
Rick struck the bell with his hand
and it had a deep resonate ring.
There's an interesting report on
some of it's history here:



The boys heading down the trail
to the tide pools and beach.
The hike back up just about did
grandpa in.



I stayed at the top to take photos.




Next stop,
a very small museum.


This was where we were reminded 
of the difference 
between sea and river otters.


Conner exploring the old cook stove,


and a pressure cooker.
It was nice that the museum
is touch friendly.


This was bolted down,
and safe to explore.


Next stop:
Back to the Patrick's Point State Park.

3 comments:

  1. Awww...I had an old cook stove when we lived up north. I actually used it, was very versatile, could make toast, slow cook soups and stews, bread, steaks...you name it. I sure do miss that kind of cooking. Beautiful place Trinidad is, glad you are enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a long way down there..You were smart to stay up there and take pictures..We appreciate them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you stayed back to take pictures, what a breathtaking view!! looks like a fun place to visit!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.