Monday, July 14, 2014

Lunch at the Lighthouse Grill.

We stopped at the Lighthouse Grill
to try something out of the ordinary.


No it wasn't the
root beer served in canning jars.
I think  I would have prefered a bit of ice
in that.


Here's one of their infamous mashed
potato cones.
Three of our group had these,
and they liked them.
That's a very slightly sweetened 
cornmeal waffle cone
 with fresh bits of rosemary 
for a touch of delicious.
Inside the cone,
there's real honest to goodness
mashed potatoes.  
This cone had veggie gravy,
(someone's nod to healthy
 eating ~~~ not saying who!)
and bacon and cheddar topping.
It was actually pretty good.


Here's what I ordered.


Smoked salmon melt
with avocado, munster cheese and
green onion on grilled 
homemade bread.
OMGoodness good.


Conner chose chicken tenders.

Isaiah (no photo) and Katelyn



had the mashed potato cones.
Our daughter Kristine enjoyed fish and chips.

Katelyn's hat was edited in
as I didn't want to use her
Mommy's picture without permission.  

Next stop:
Humboldt State University's
Marine Lab. 


4 comments:

  1. Food looks delish-ous!!! Wish that place was not so far from WI :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know about the mashed potato cone. The salmon melt looks wonderful. The fish and chips would work too. Looks like a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lupine..I was wondering what they were
    your fun day ..sweet children(:)
    and the potato cone yumm
    hugs,patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat is too funny.. : ) Thank you for not posting my picture.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.