Friday, September 27, 2013

The Window Job


This was Rick last Sunday,
just starting to take the blinds down
in preparation for the window replacement
project that's going on right now.

I broke my leg falling off a step stool,
so anything involving ladders
is Rick's job, especially when the ladders
are 22 foot extension ladders.


These guys are having more than 
a few anxious moments
cause every step that's taken up there
causes the lift to sway back and forth.



This job is not for the faint of heart.
There's been some problems to deal with.
I guess that happens with every contracted job,
but hopefully everything will turn out 
well, and the job is done safely and correctly.
(Please, pretty please.)




 One upper outside window
 cracked during the removal.

Another window shattered into pieces
with a horrific noise while it was being removed.
It was one of the 9 foot tall upper center windows. Nobody was hurt.
Thankfully.
There's one more window to remove. 
It's the other 9 foot window.

They saved the hardest windows
for last cause there was a problem
with the measurements.

Anyway, next week
they're pressure washing that
wall and will be coating it with
a heat shield coating and repainting
that one wall.
The rest of the house we can reach
and we will be doing the painting ourselves.

That western wall though...
  it's for these young guys to take care of.

I just hope they leave us 
with clean windows after 
the painter guy is done.



4 comments:

  1. It will be beautiful when it's all done..Hang in there Pat..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for staying on the ground a broken foot UGH
    .. I am the same-- broke my ankle in 2009-- slipped on wet grass wearing thongs..(never will wear them again )
    LOVE your beautiful house !!
    The rusty cans on the etsy shop are cute yes
    and I agree about the
    '''storage for too much holiday stuff is becoming an issue for my closet'''
    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely house....it will be even more so after the job is done. Not sure my husband would go that high to take down the blinds. He has a hard time climbing a ladder to clean the gutters, we just have a one story house.

    We need to get our house pressure washed...it has gotten so dirty. Just take one day at a time...the work gets done eventually. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with car4..up there, it is a lovely home! Take pictures of the rooms and show us more of the house.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.