Isn't that pretty with the sun
setting on the fog bank?
This was our last evening over
in Trinidad.
We hurried down to the beach
so that we could catch the sunset.
We didn't stay long as it was chilly
and it had been a very long day.
Now to answer some questions
from the last post's comments.
Missy asked what's up with Liberty.
Here's the latest photos taken of her.
Enjoying a lake visit last month.
The lake level was down to about 100 feet
below the crest when this photo was taken.
This is how we see her most of the time now
with one of her ever present balls.
She's awfully demanding when it comes
to playing ball, as in
Play. Ball. Now.
Or else!
If you ignore her,
she'll sit back after
giving you the slobbery wet ball,
and BARK, until you throw the ball.
It has become extremely annoying.
The trick is to tire her out before
you sit down to crochet,
watch TV, or mess around with
the Kindle reading blogs.
That's what I was doing
when I took this photo with my phone.
The pillow on my lap was to try
to keep her away from me.
Anita: We camped there at Patrick's Point
sometime during the summer of 1974
and yes I remember the raccoons
ate our food during the middle
of the night. I didn't remember that
they ate your M&M's. I just remember
that they got away with quite a bit,
because we were too frightened to get
out of the tent to scare them away.
~~~
About the Clover fire in our community:
It burned out by Igo/Ono
southwest of Redding.
It's expected to be contained today.
It burned more than 8,000 acres,
68 homes, and 198 outbuildings.
Six people were injured,
and one man lost his life.
The fire is a frightening reminder
that we live in a high fire risk neighborhood
with one way out down a canyon road.
We keep a watchful eye out for smoke,
and have family nearby that also watches
the hills for us and calls us every time
they see smoke or hear about a fire.
We've been evacuated twice.
So far this year, the fires have been
elsewhere but everyone here knows
that the fire danger to our neighborhood
is not if, but when.
We're on fire watch through
October. That's when we usually have
dry north winds that
increase the dangerous conditions.
November brings welcome rain
(hopefully) and then we can relax.
~~~
The Lighthouse Restaurant's
Facebook page
posted this link about their
mashed potato cones
with a photo that actually
makes me think that perhaps
they are actually good,
like their fan's claim them to be.
Take care.



Love reading your post about Trinidad and that Miss Liberty, what a pretty girl she is, so grown up!
ReplyDeleteWhat would we do without dogs in our lives. They give that unconditional love. Kylie barks and growels at the dinner table for her share of what we are eating. We tell her to sit and she does, but still wants something. Today the husband got upset with her. I said, someday she won't be here and you will miss her barks and growels.... Our other dog died last December and we still miss his habits. Enjoy Liberty, I am sure she is fun to have around.
ReplyDeleteForgot to add...your trip to Trinidad looked like a lovely time and the scenery is beautiful. I'd be so nervous living near where there are a lot of fires...pretty scarey.
ReplyDeleteThose fires are so scarey..beautiful scenery..Thanks for the update on Libs..She's still beautiful..
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures of the sunset! We have some beautiful ones out here with the Iowa plains.
ReplyDeleteMan your dog has gotten quite big! I bet she is something, I am still a cat person.
Every time I hear about fires out there I start praying. Glad to know you are okay.
We finally are getting some much needed rain, not that much but every drop helps with the crops.