This small shop in Trinidad
has gone through many
reincarnations since we've been
vacationing there... Of course
that would be completely normal
considering we (Rick and I)
have been going
to Trinidad off and on since...
um, ...1975.
I've gone there since I was a kid,
and once on a camping trip with
girlfriends in 1974. (Hi Anita).
* photo from The Lighthouse Facebook page
This building has been an ice cream shop,
a hamburger joint,
a burrito taqueria,
and probably a coffee shop.
I think it's been a hamburger joint
several different times.
source: The Lighthouse Facebook Page
But now, it's something special,
and I hope it stays around for a long time.
It's not fancy, or expensive,
but it is really good.
Their Photo
Look at this beautiful mural.
My Photo.
Can you imagine how much neck strain
that took to create this mural?
My photo
The menu board offers many options,
several of which are vegan.
My photo.
Daily specials are noted on the surf/chalkboard.
The salmon salad sandwich with
Granny Smith apples, toasted almonds,
apricots and curry sounds delicious.
I ordered a grilled fish sandwich,
Their Facebook photo.
on their homemade bun.
OMGoodness delicious.
Temptation won out,
and we shared fries.
Their photo again.
We skipped the ice cream.
Yes this photo is theirs also.
They make their own ice cream
in small batches with flavors that change
with the season.
These temptations sound delicious.
Sacred Grounds Coffee,
Honey Lavender,
Sinfully Salted Caramel,
Blackberry Chip,
Banana Cashew Caramel,
and Deep Dark Chocolate Caramel...
Too bad we were full.
Their photo.
I was looking at some of their past specials.
They sound really good.
For lunches there's grilled boneless
chicken thigh sandwiches
with macadamia pesto and provolone cheese.
Or how about a smoked salmon melt
with Muenster Cheese, tomato and scallions
on their home made bread?
They have vegan options as well.
Their famous for their nut burger,
and a faux tuna salad that's made with
almonds and garbanzo beans.
This sounds good: a chicken quesadilla with
pepper jack and cheddar cheese,
avocado and mango salsa.
Have I made you hungry?
Sorry,
I like reading menus and cookbooks.
Yes, their photo.
If you'd like to eat outside
you can grab one of their patio blankets
to bundle up with.
This one also.
Some of their dinner options sounded
just as delicious. They even have
frozen dinner entrees that you can purchase
to take home.
The dinner specials might include pot roast,
and turkey dinners.
I think I would stick with fish though,
since we'd be over on the coast.
How about grilled Rock Cod with sweet
jalapeno jelly, mashed potatoes and coleslaw?
If it were crab season we could
try the crab cakes or even crabby melts.
I wish we lived closer, but
I'll just have to see if they're there
the next time we go.
I bet they are.
They purchase their produce
at the farmer's market using organics
as much as possible.
I love the idea of a restaurant
serving foods that are fresh,
and in season.
The oddest thing (to me) I found
was this mashed potato cone
served in a cornmeal waffle cone.
My Photo
Apparently it's popular,
and they serve it at festivals
in the local area.
Maybe someday...
but I think I'd rather have the fish.











Hi Patricia........ohhhhh what a neat place. That looks like a place my husband and I would enjoy going to. I have to say the mashed potatoes and corn bread cone and gravy sounds really good too. That mural is really beautiful and yesssss I am hungry after reading your blog for today...lol!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable place!! I should so like to go there even if I were full, I think I could manage something to eat, like their yummy ice-cream. Then I would like to bundle up and sit out side wrapped in one of their blankets - it's no wonder you keep going back!!!
ReplyDeleteHI
ReplyDeleteyour banner is stunning (:) the place is cute the food looks good (:)
hugs.p
I was hungry before I started reading it..Food looks great..I think I'd like your life..the area..
ReplyDeleteHey..Where's Libs???
ReplyDeleteYes, indeed I am hungry and it is to late to eat anything (9:30 pm). I would not have been able to pass up the ice cream - I would have had it first. I would like to try that waffle cone just because I like corn bread so much. I wonder if they would just sell the cones? Anyway, it is a very neat place! I don't remember going there in 1974 - we didn't did we? But I sure remember those racoons eating our M&M's. Do you remember Ruth's last name? Was it Stanley? I wonder what ever happened to her?
ReplyDeleteSometimes I just think back and wonder who did such and such, where are they now, etc. I would love to know about some people in Shingletown but Kenny is worthless when it comes to that - or I should say he could care less. I really miss my Mother, she always informed me. Oh well, maybe the past is supposed to just be the past. I am glad you brought up that memory of us - that always makes me smile and even giggle.
Are the fires close by? I heard something about Shasta.