Isn't this art work pretty?
I purchased this thank you card at Trader Joe's just because I loved the artwork on the front.
I did a bit of research online.
The artist is Sara Steele and here's her web site.
This painting is called
'The Riots of Spring'.
I just wanted to Keep in Touch
this week and not bother with
the time it takes to deal with photos for this blog post... OK?
I spent this morning planting seeds in my little garden.
Liberty ate the two tomato plants in peat pots that I purchased to add to the garden.
I almost replaced them, but decided to wait until I could get to an actual garden nursery
to pick the type I want.
Tomatoes just don't do well here in our garden, so I just want
to try some small cherry types this year. A Sun Gold, and hopefully I'll be able to replace
the Brown Cherry tomatoes that I was going to plant.
So far my tomatoes for this year have cost me 8 dollars and I don't even have the plants to show for it.
This morning I planted zinnias, yellow and orange cosmos, Italian Pesto Basil, one hill of yellow summer squash, borage, Bush Slenderette green beans, my favorite Baby Persian cucumbers,thai basil, cilantro, some poppy seeds that I collected from a friends garden, red sunflowers and portulaca~
seeds that I saved from last year.
I'm about three weeks late getting
the seeds in the ground, but since we have such a long summer there's plenty of time to grow from seed.
The exceptions being tomatoes and bell peppers. They seem to need more time to mature here.
I've repaired and replaced parts to our irrigation system on just one side of the house. I still have the back side to take care of. This is all Thanks to Liberty.
Dang dog.
But we love her. Shhh...
She's snoozing downstairs.
Last time I left her downstairs she ate my prescription shoe insert.
She didn't even care about the leather garden shoes, she just loves to chew up anything that's plastic...like shoe inserts and garden irrigation parts.
Just thinking about it makes me say that we love her through gritted teeth.
(Smile)
Anyway I came upstairs for the afternoon to take care of the budget and get some
computer time in.
The bills are done,
with the exception the paperwork
piles that I need to file away.
It's been awhile since I've spent much time up here in my office.
I still have Valentines day decorations draped along the shelf.
These days just do get away from us eh?
We had to replace our microwave
this week. The new one is just an updated version of the same model we had, since we really liked the old one.
The buttons are the same, so there's no frustration of pushing the wrong buttons.
Thank goodness for the small pleasures in life.
I found myself heating water on the stove top for tea and realized that if we were going to be microwave~less for any length of time we'd need a tea kettle.
I use the microwave for cooking vegetables, melting sugar in water to fill the humming bird feeders,
reheating the coffee that's gone cold in the mug, making a single serving of oatmeal, reheating leftovers, and for heating the heating pad. Now that last one
is important to me...
And speaking of arthritis...
Not too long ago I rubbed some
Icy Hot creme into my sore thumb joints and failed to wash it off before using the bathroom.
Holy Cow,
hot hot hot...
I've run across a new to me blog with photo's that are so beautiful, I kept clicking 'older post' after 'older post' and ended up reading her entire blog.
I was enchanted.
Real life, raw at times
and a dream at that.
We've already had temps in the mid nineties, and earlier this week it was cold enough to want to start a fire in the wood stove.
Laziness won out, and I bundled up
with blankets instead.
This weekend we heading back up into the nineties.
Aw, summer is coming... too soon.
Just one more story ~
I know this is getting long.
We have scorpions here.
I saw one just this morning in the garden. They also get into the house. So... the other night I felt something stinging my leg while we were in bed.
It felt like a scorpion sting and I do know what that feels like.
Anyway, I moved my leg and the stinging got worse. I was afraid to reach down and brush it away with my hands... So I got the battery operated reading light from the nightstand to discover that I was laying on the battery cover to my radio... Dang radio!
Take care,
and have a wonderful weekend.
Happy Mother's Day


Great post!!! I love how you gave us a look into your daily life! When Jerry plants our tomatoes - they turn out the best. He plants yellow grape one, romans, cherry, red grape ones, and of course good ole tomatoes. He has other things to plant too - haven't done it yet because of our "cold" weather. Next Tues. they say 90 - ouch what a shock that will be to our systems. I don't know how I would react to Liberty - you are handing it quite well - love does "heal" all. ha ha. Too funny about the heat stuff - OUCH indeed. I am sorry I laughed about it. Yep, great post!
ReplyDeleteToo funny..For a minute there, I thought you were going to blame the problems with the microwave on Libs too..Sounds like she's bored ?? I guess Labs are just chewers until they're three..We had 2 of them once..same age..Ah yes, lots of memories..Have you given her any shin bones?? I always take the marrow out of them..Fun post..Thanks
ReplyDeletePatty when you see your orthopedic Dr. ask about shots to your thumb joints. Unfortunately for me the shot only lasted about 2 months. My orthopedic Dr. told me they can do surgery and they take a piece of your tendon and insert it between your thumb joints. Looks like I will be calling my Dr. soon. I asked him what caused the arthritis in just my thumb joint of my right hand and he said are you right handed, yes I am well you just wore the padding in your joints out. I am hoping this will be same day surgery and not another hospital stay. I am on medicare now as of last month with Tricare for secondary so won't have to pay anything. By the way does Rick still work for social security? I am wondering if I am already on ss (since age 62) could I switch to a disability? I had no idea when I started having these knee surgeries in 2002 and 2004 that these problems could fall under a disability.
ReplyDeleteNo garden for us yet it hasn't stopped raining here and the ground just never seems to dry out enough to plow up the garden. The clay soil takes forever to dry out.
Hope you have a happy Mothers Day our son put money in our checking acct to eat out so while we were up in the Nashville area shopping yesterday we ate at OCharleys. We shopped at the outlet mall and I love to go in the kitchen store. I got this set of little casserole dishes to make chicken pop pies (for other uses to) they were already marked down and I got 30% off plus 10% military what a deal. I also got one of those spill cards to put on my professional grade kitchen aid mixer Chuck got me from Sam's club at a super price of $258.95! The ones at the kitchen store were $441.95 and re-conditioned where mine is new. I sent in fro the free pasta maker/cutter a $150 value that kitchen aid will send me. I want to get the juicer, meat grinder and icecream maker attachments which the aafes.com has on sale now. Kitchen Aid offers so many neat attachments.
We are thinking of getting a Cairn terrier puppy female so we will be having to deal with the chewing problem as well. This will be our 4th Cairn. We had to put our 12 year old Cairn to sleep when we were in Misawa. Lisa had Misty since she was 18 months old and Misty was 5 months old. She had heartworms back then you only gave the heartworm medication in summer months. But we found out that 12 years is the average life span of Cairns.
MY, my Liberty has been a busy girl. AND.. thanks for that tip (wash hands after applying) about Icy Hot.. not something I wanna find out the hard way... LOL.
ReplyDeleteTake Care!