Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Early Morning,

The camera battery is charged,
and it's a new day so let's enjoy
another good morning outdoors.


With sunrise coming so early in the morning 
we have the opportunity to enjoy our morning
coffee on the deck before Rick heads into work.
Citronella candles are lit 
to ward off the mosquitoes. 
 They don't keep Liberty away though.


After Rick's gone I head out
with the camera to see what's new.


 Some of the sour cherries are ripe.
The birds have already found them. 


Here's the shrub that's blooming
down in the driveway garden.
It was the one I was trying 
to photograph when the camera 
battery died.


 It's leaves.


I have no idea what this shrub is.
It's already past it's peak, and 
dropping it's snow white petals to the ground.


Last years parsley is blooming.
 I did purchase parsley seeds
so that I could get some started now.
The seeds I collect this year will
be used to plant next years crop.
I love that tiny bees and beneficial insects
visit parsley.  I also love cilantro blooms 
for the same reason 
and let it's seeds develop as well.
Did you know cilantro seeds 
are the spice called coriander?


 This Echinacea  (Purple Cone Flower)
was purchased last year from
Dee's Garden. ( http://deesgardens.com/ ) 
 I like seeing the day to day difference
 as more blooms open up.


Here's the same nicotiana as 
shown in the last post.
What a difference 
just a couple of days make.


 Right now,
I can't remember the name of this plant.
Let me go downstairs and look for 
a plant tag. 
I think I'd better create a binder 
to store plant tags, photo's, and where
I planted what.  It might help me
remember what's what which is 
getting harder for some reason...ahem.


 It's a Salvia 'Black and Blue'
Blue Anise Sage.
Attracts butterflies and hummingbirds.

I'm partial to Salvias because
they're easy to grow, love the heat,
and mostly because they do attract the
bees, butterflies and hummingbirds.


Most all the seeds I planted 
are up and thriving.
These seedlings are Baby Persian Cucumbers.


More photos of the anise hyssop.
You can see it also attracts bees,
and I know the butterflies love it too.


See you next time. 
 Take care, P.



   





7 comments:

  1. Your pictures are lovely as always..I don't know what that flower is either..Never saw it before?? I always kept a binder at my old house because people would ask me what things were...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness what a wonderful tour of flowers! I never know the name of my plants, I just know what I like! You sure have a great photographers eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice pictures of the beauty that surrounds you. I am anxious to sow the nicotiana seeds you sent me last fall, I have a spot waiting to be tilled so I can get them in the ground. I am going to wait until after Memorial day though as our temperatures have been quite low.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OM Goodness love love the beautiful photos .. award winners(:)
    I do hope you get another potting bench (:) I love mine.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salvia !!! I knew that...Your closeups are wonderful..I have a Cannon Rebel and should be able to get them like that..What's your secret?? I need to go to a class or at least read the manual..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay........in the second picture, the purple-blue bells (what I call them) I have them growing in my front yard....they take over and spread, look like weeds when growing but then they show off those pretty bells and how can you hate them. What is their name, are they wild flowers, a weed or what??? I am going to rip a bunch out before they over take.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cherries caught my eye big time - oh my! Those "bees" great shot of them too on the anise hyssop.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.