Monday, March 5, 2012

This and That



Spring has arrived here in the North State.
This is what we know as buck brush ~
Ceanothus cuneatus.
It is blooming everywhere 
with a strong sweet scent
that has the bees buzzing wildly,
and our noses gearing up 
for hay fever season.  


This weekend we stayed home
with the exception of a check on
a family member's home while they're away.
It was a productive weekend.
Rick got his garage sorted out,
while I spent some time at the sewing machine.
Then we spent Sunday outdoors
on our projects.  He's terracing a hillside
garden and I raked leaves off garden beds.
I think the deer will thank me when
they find  newly uncovered
 growth in the garden.
   Their favorite ~  my tiny little Alpine
strawberries.  I started the plants
 from seed a few years ago.
  The strawberries are very small,
 but their flavor is intense.  
We only get a small handful at a time
but the berries are wonderful.
I should start more seeds this year
to replenish the plants the deer took.
We hope to get the garden area fenced
this spring... I hope... I hope.... 
Not that they can't jump the six foot fence,
but it does deter them  ~ kinda sorta.


~~~
This time,  I'm keeping the deli tote.
This is the sixth one I've made.
I was lucky to find some fabrics
to coordinate with the red fish fabric
I already had. They're different brands
but  I think the colors coordinated perfectly.
I still need to sew the matching napkin
which will only take a few minutes.
 

~~~
I don't really do well with houseplants.
I have a habit of letting them die.
But the one in the first tote photo
 above  in the brown pot
is Rick's (gift from a co-worker) 
and it refuses to die... um
well anyway it needed to be
  transplanted to the larger red pot.
 The only other houseplant I have
is a Christmas cactus that is was still 
in it's original 4-inch pot and it's
determined to survive as well.
Even after a full year of neglect.
So, today I got them both transplanted
into their new larger pots.
We'll see if they survive my good intentions.

That's it for today.
I need to get back to work,
and hopefully get that napkin sewed.
  Take care.


 Note for Rick.

Thanks hon,
for always thinking of me
and making sure there's plenty 
of firewood on the deck that I didn't
have to bring up the stairs.

It's appreciated.







4 comments:

  1. Great Deli bag. I ♥ the red!
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag, it is beautiful in red! Things are really greening up there. Love those blossoms. I CAN NOT WAIT till the trees start budding here. It will be soon.
    I have spotted some daffodils popping up over the weekend down the road. Spring is on its way for sure. OH.. and we have SO many
    deer here, they eat up everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are feeding deer some pretty good nibblings. I am sure they appreciated you uncovering those 'gourmet' strawberries, LOL!

    Love,Love, Love the bag, the red is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, what all the other comments said. I thought reading blogs once a week would be a bummer, but I am enjoying catching up and seeing all my blogger friends. It is like I get to come and visit once a week. I truly enjoy visiting you! Always amazing what I will see and read.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.