Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tote ~ Totally ~ Tasty Treat For One


When it's just the two of you,
there's a problem with baking desserts.
We wind up with way too much
of a good thing sitting around
getting stale and tiresome.


On a whim, and a wish for dessert
(which isn't the norm around here),
Rick picked up this box of 
reduced guilt brownie mix.
 For an individual serving 
all you need are two
tablespoons of the brownie mix,
 and one tablespoon of yogurt.
Stir together with a fork
in a small ramekin or coffee cup. 
Microwave for 45 seconds.

 Doesn't that look good?


So dark chocolaty,
and it is a very small serving.

So ... ahem... 
go ahead and guild the lily.



Honestly, that's a very small coffee cup.
~~~
Speaking of coffee.
I shouldn't have had coffee last night.
Rick had some extra coffee left in his 
thermos.  So I poured some into my mug
instead of down the drain because
Rick was making us some tiny 
servings of dessert. Yes ~ the
brownies and coffee ice cream.
Sounds delicious with some hot coffee
to go with it ~ right?

Nah, we both shouldn't have.
The coffee kept me awake 
off and on during the night
 and the chocolate  
kept Rick up as well.
 So anyway, during the night
I heard what sounded like a 
gun shot and a scream.
I was half awake, listening to 
a radio  (pillow speaker)
station when what I actually
heard was the recliner springs
popping (gun) and squeaking (scream)
as Rick was getting ready to come 
back to bed. 
The adrenaline rush from
being scared was enough to keep 
me awake for longer than I wanted.

I'm not usually scared living here.
But,
we recently had a horrific double murder
in the little community that we 
live in, so we've been a bit wary lately. 
 I used to think it was safe living
out in the country.

For the most part it is,
but there has been a few incidents
nearby that make me worry wonder,
and lock the doors when I'm alone.


 ~~~

Anyway...
Yesterday I made a different
style of tote using 
Simplicity pattern #9949
and changed it up a bit.
I added a liner and fusible 
fleece to stiffen the fabric.
This pattern has the pockets
on the outside.
There's supposed to be a 
zipper at the top of the tote.  
The top of the tote would be the 
black band, and the top red
band would have the zipper closure
and be on the inside of the tote.

 
I'm not happy with the way it turned out.
It's much smaller than I thought it would be.
Plus the handles are a bit too thin.
I much prefer the deli tote I
made earlier this month.
They're about the same size.



  I'm on the lookout for a larger
tote pattern.  Not too large, but 
enough carry some paperwork,
 the cell phone, pens, and a few essentials.

This morning I wasted spent lots of 
time exploring Pinterest looking for 
a some tote tutorials.  
Of course there are quite a few.

  I also learned that 'tote'
is a (new?) shortcut word for totally.

Like,
I'm so tote cool with all this rain 
we're getting.  

It bruised our daffodils to mush,
but that's OK.  We need the rain.



~~~
Take care,
see you soon.




5 comments:

  1. Looks like a tasty dessert to me. I also like the tote. I "tote" ally get what you mean about the narrow straps though. They can cut into your shoulder when you're carrying a bunch of items. I really like the pattern/color.

    Its so funny (or maybe not) how things sound so different at night while we're trying to sleep. Everything just seems scarier in the dark/night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brownie did look good - especially with that ice cream! I have been giving in to some desserts lately...must keep an eye on it. Since Sat. is my birthday, I plan on splurging one more time then cutting back some for awhile. I just don't want to gain weight. :)

    Beautiful bag.

    About those murders, that had to be scary. You hear more and more lately of small towns having them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of making individual desserts instead of a big ol' pan of brownies. We have that same problem of having things go stale unless of course one of our four grown kids happen to stop by then we are all too happy to share.

    I am so in love with your fabric choices on the last couple of totes. You do a fabulous job.

    Keep those doors locked for sure, you just never know what kooks there might be out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia(:)
    my official name too(:)
    well love the cup to cook cakes and brownies in-- I've done it
    ............an french fries can be cooked in a microwave..they actually get crispy.. (:)
    Love LOVE the red tote too ~~~
    Murder ugh that's so scary ~~
    .....Yes--HOPE is the best thing we have (:).hugs..Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forget the brownie...just give me the coffee ice cream....it looks delicious! We used to not lock our doors until bed time but now we lock them anytime we are in the house...you never know what is going to happen.....so please do keep your doors locked.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.