Initited Miltonia Breathless 'Florence'
We've been stopping to admire
the orchids in Trader Joe's and Costco
just about every time we're in the stores.
I've been hesitant to purchase them
because
I don't know much anything
about taking care of them.
Even with my green thumb,
(apparently only good with outdoor plants)
I kill houseplants...
~
What I do know about orchids though,
is to purchase them while they're still
mostly in bud.
That way they last longer
in your home.
My first orchid plant was a gift from Rick's mom.
It finished it's bloom and I'm hoping it will
eventually bloom again.
This new one is a gift from Rick.
He stopped at Trader Joe's last
night to pick up some organic
grand kid approved dinner for last night.
We got to babysit our just turned one year old
granddaughter and her brother last night.
It was the first time to babysit Katelyn.
Woo Hoo! Not one tear was shed.
(photo accidently taken with flash)
Open, Open, Open.
I'm anxiously waiting to see what it looks like.


Orchids have always intimidated me. Let me know how it goes. They are so gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteI'm anxiously waiting to see what it looks like too! :) It sure is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOoohh.. its going to be beautiful I can tell already! ALL the orchids at our market are open.. Every last one. I agree, buy them while still budding. Gorgeous color.
ReplyDeleteLucky you getting your grandchildren. We head to FL next Wed and will see our 3 grandaoughters. The oldest Jynna, will turn 16 on April 13th. Kaylee turns 14 Aug 8th and Lilly turns 5 in Oct. Can't wait to see them! Lilly misses starting Kindergarden in the fall by 2 months but will be able to start pre K in Aug. They are just growing up to fast! Hard to believe your grandaughter is 1 already.
ReplyDeleteI kill houseplants - I don't have the touch inside or outside. Thankfully Jerry has the touch outside!
ReplyDelete