Early Sunday morning ~ the beach
was peaceful and we had the view to
ourselves for a short time.
Meet Cannon.
He shot onto the beach
well...
like a cannon.
He'd run down the beach
long before his owner could
throw the tennis ball for him.
Can you see the other visitors
in the photo below?
You'll probably have to
click on the photo to enlarge it.
There's three kayaks out there.
I didn't see them at the time.
Look who else came to the beach.
I don't know this dogs name.
Let's call him "Yellow Dog".
Looks like he was anxious for
permission to run out to the beach.
Yellow Dog,
ran straight to the ocean.
Cannon stopped short of the waves
and decided to wait
for the next ball toss.
The ball caught Yellow Dog's
attention as well.
Yellow Dog,
looks very much like
our yellow lab Brinkley did.
Once we took Brinkley
to the ocean for what we're
assuming was his first time.
It was Clam Beach where dogs
are allowed... OK.
He ran straight to the ocean,
backed his butt up against the
waves, and well ...
Let's just say it wasn't easy
collecting what he left behind
as it was washing back and forth
with the waves... oh my.
Watching these dogs enjoy
their morning exercise,
was perhaps the best
part of our weekend trip.
Not having a dog for three years
has been sort of nice,
only because we can just lock the door
and leave for wherever
our wanderlust takes us.
~
Except now... we're ready.
We're probably going
to start earnestly searching for
another rescued friend.
Because I think we
both fell in love with Yellow Dog.


What a beautiful day at the beach. The dogs looked like they were in heaven.
ReplyDeleteWe have been without a dog for the last four or five years and recently got our hearts stolen by our new puppy, Paige. It is nice to have a devoted friend back in the house. Good luck on your search for your new friend.
Great doggie-action photos.
ReplyDeleteWhat a terrific romp in the Pacific ! ! !
hugs
Gerry
I really loved those pictures. How I long to be by the beach!!! Even though I am more of a cat lover, those pictures wanted me to get a dog. Well not really, but I hope you get one soon. I know you loved your dog, you two will be great "parents" for the new one.
ReplyDelete