Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Window Shopping in Mt. Shasta

Here's a peak of the central district of Mt. Shasta.
This is looking north, towards Black Butte  (lava dome).
I love the street lamps, still decorated for the Christmas holiday season.
Watch your step, it's icy.


You'll need warm boots and a colorful hat.


Oh, and perhaps a scarf.


We could stop in for a cup of tea, if they were open.
I love the name of this store.

  I have that red tea pot in my kitchen window right now.
 Mine came from That Kitchen Place,
here in Redding.


I think Mt. Shasta (town) is full of crystal shops.
There were three of them within the same block.
 OK, One was around the corner.  What's up with all the crystals?



There were a couple of shops open.
One was the antique store.
Each little collection was set apart by it's color theme.


I'm partial to this blue
Willow pattern.


Over on the sunny side of the street, without the icy walkway we found this
 monument  to the mountain, that we would have been able to see, if the clouds
hadn't continued to hide bits and pieces.


It was fun to explore just a couple of  the blocks in town.
Next up: Lunch

3 comments:

  1. The mountain draws a lot of new-age religious people up here to worship it. Some people believe that UFO's come out of the top of the mountain. So the crystal shops are part of that scene. It is huge here. There was even a place called "Arc Angel Michael's Soul Therapy Salon".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got to go there...bummer! It looks like a fun place. We have a similar place here with a lot of antique shops it is a college town thought called Mt. Vernon - there is no mountain though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine when you are up to it, after the baby probably, we'll go see the shops and stop in for lunch somewhere. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.