Monday, January 31, 2011

Colorful

 You know those baby booties  (click here)
I made and showed a couple of posts back ~~
  I had run out of the embroidery thread I used
and needed just a  bit more
to crochet the second 12 inch shoe string.
So, I checked at JoAnns
 and they didn't carry this type of thread at all. 
 It's DMC's Craft Thread ~ 100% cotton.
  I went to the Sewing Room/Crafter's Mall where I purchased the thread in the first place.
They no longer had the thread hanging where it had been.
 Uh, Oh.
  I was worried that I would have to go
 with my second choice cream color on the shoe strings,
and I had tried that  first,  but didn't like it.
  I asked about the thread
that was hanging right there ~
  pointing at the empty space,
and the shop owner told me they no longer carry it.
OH NO!
But there was a couple of baskets
 of what was left of the thread around the corner,
 and it's on sale,for a quarter a piece.  Oh, sigh of relief. 
 Instead of buying just one more skein at  fifty nine cents apiece,
I purchased quite a bit more for future wool felt projects, plus the correct color for the second shoe lace. 
  I hope to find a new local source,
since I don't have a couple of colors that I would like to have. 
  

Now on to more color.
I've been hand dyeing some paper.
Doesn't that sound so very artistic?
Actually I'm dunking some paper into a food coloring bath.
As easy as dyeing Easter eggs.
So there you go.  I love the colors.


I'll show you what I'm working on ~~ next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to hear from you.