Friday, January 28, 2011

Baby Booties

For


Baby


Katelyn


who will be here in mid March.

I used   Simplicity Pattern # 2867
a  new vintage pattern that originally was offered  in 1948.

The Challenger disaster happened 25 years ago today.
It's one of those news stories in our lives that you remember
where you were when you first heard the news. 
   We were stationed at Mare Island, CA and I was taking the kids to school
and waiting at an intersection signal on base right next to an electrical maintenance building.
 We were  listening to the launch on the radio as it happened. 
  I dropped the kids off and then headed down to the barn/stables to feed our horse.
It was horrible to see the footage on television when I got home.
  "Roger, go with throttle up."
I'll never forget those words or the shock of what happened.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those booties are precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those booties are adorable. Whose is Katelyn parents?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katelyn will be our own new little granddaughter. Conner is going to be a big brother.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.