Thursday, January 6, 2011

Andaman Healthy Thai Cuisine

We love Thai food, and have a favorite  "hole in the wall" Thai restaurant here in Redding.
But while we were up in Mt. Shasta we ran across another Thai restaurant
and decided to try it out for lunch.   I'm glad I hadn't read the reviews first.
We liked it, but the reviews aren't so kind.  Especially when they
were first opened this past summer.  I did run across some reviews
that were very favorable.


At first we were the only customers in there for lunch, so we grabbed the window table
with a view of the shops and Mt. Shasta.

It's definately not fancy, but I did like the colorful tableclothes.  There were blue ones as well.


I loved the light fixtures and the ceiling.


The steaming hot Jasmine tea was fragrant and wonderful. 


The stock in this small bowl of seafood/rice noodle soup was delicious,
and tasted fresh from the sea.


Plain steamed rice, came in a star shaped serving,

with the accompaning bowl of mild spicey yellow curry chicken and vegetables.
 

And for the view
 ~~~
Mt. Shasta, still there with her top in the clouds.



2 comments:

  1. I wish I could find a bowl of Ramon like they had in Japan. Maybe I should check out Thai food...thanks! That looks really good. We have found some really good Chinese and Japanese places here in Cedar Rapids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Japanese and Thai food have become our favorites. There's certain things I would love to try again, mostly street festival foods. Like the steam/baked sweet potato. It wasn't at all like our sweet potatoes. It was delicious, and hand warmers all at the same time. I would also love to try their katsudon again. I do make that, but I'd love to revisit the little shop to experience theirs once again. Wouldn't be the same though, as it was back in 1981-84... oh, my.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.