Tuesday, January 4, 2011

On the way to Mt. Shasta

I love this mountain to our North,
even if she is playing hide and seek.
Mt. Shasta was hidden amongst the clouds.


Along the way, we passed  Castle Crags.


I tried to capture a good photo of the crags.


 It's not an easy task while traveling the freeway.  I didn't want to stop and get cold.
Especially since we had a grandson in the car, who was homesick  excited to see his Mama (smile),
after a four day visit with us.


The trees kept getting in the way.


Oh, man, this next one would have been good.


Ah, here it is.
Castle Crags.
The view from the Northwestern side.


We're almost there Grandson,
Mama is just on the other side of this mountain.


Next up:  A little bit of window shopping
in Mt. Shasta. 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful area, it's been a very very long time since I have been in that area! Have a great New Year and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT PHOTOS!!! I loved the trees too. I am so impresed with your photography! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is a beautiful area, thanks.

    Anita, those photos were taken over Rick's shoulder while he was driving. It's better in person, even though you only get glimpses as you drive by. Of course you can pull off and go into the state park to get a closer view~~but it's either too cold/snowy or extremely hot or we're on our way through and don't have the time to stop. Someday~~~

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.