Thursday, April 22, 2010

Assessing the damage.


I got the call this morning from our friendly claims rep from Geico.
They couldn’t get back to us yesterday, as they had eight claims to start.
 So, the estimate is $5016.68
I managed to damage every piece of the exterior of the car,
from the back bumper, to the front bumper,
 which scraped the retainer wall on its way down the hill,
both sides, the trunk and even the roof.
Both mirrors…Sheesh.
Plus it will have a wheel alignment
 as bouncing around the hill and off the retaining wall
 and into the tree wasn’t exactly good for it.
 Um~~~ can I crawl in a hole now.
Kudos to Geico.
 I’ll get my car back next week, Thursday or Friday.

3 comments:

  1. I could not believe my eyes when I read your blog Patti! What a freak thing to happen! Sounds like something that would happen to me! Thats a lot of damage girl! Well, shit happens! Glad you were not hanging onto the car when it went down into the ravine you could have really been hurt! Its just a car and can be fixed. Bet you don't do that anymore with the car! If its any consolation, Chuck would have been laughing about it to if it happened to me. At least he didn't get mad at you. Your blog is so interesting puts mine to shame keep up the good work. Love the pictures. Especially like the ones of the lakes. Got any mountains out that way? I don't think we have visited your part of CA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a lot of money - but I agree at least Rick didn't get mad and all is well - lessons learned. I agree with Kitcat - I am so glad you didn't hang on. I too enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cathy and Anita. Cathy I'll show you the mountains soon, I hope. We do live by two volcanos, Mt Shasta and Mt Lassen, which are North and East of us. There's a mountain range to the West of us as well. Check out your CA map. Top of the valley, surrounded by three side of mountains.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.