Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Trinidad Pier and a Little Bit More


I remember it was cold there in Trinidad.
Oh, for some of that cold air now.
We have cooled down to the high nineties.
We went through two weeks of 100 plus 
degrees with humidity shipped up from 
Mexico...thank you very much.


It got so bad, we broke down
and purchased a room air conditioner
for the bedroom so we could sleep
at night.  Otherwise we use our swamp
cooler (evaporation) which works with dry heat.
Not so much when it's  hot
and  sticky  with humidity
and 116 degrees.


Just looking at these photos from
last month makes me miss being on the coast
all that much more.


The sun was just starting to break through
the fog adding color to the grayness.


A helicopter out for a rescue,
or training I hope.





One of the souvenir shops in Trinidad
has the most beautiful garden out front. 



I didn't notice the guy sitting there in
the shadows until after taking the photos.
I hope he didn't mind...


We took a side trip down to Ferndale, CA.
I only took a few photos there.
Here's the least blurry one
of my hero helping someone to cross the street
so she could get to the post office.
She was afraid to cross without help 
and was brave enough to ask us.
Always the Boy Scout. 

Meanwhile back here at home:




3 comments:

  1. haha--
    OH yes cool down PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    been terrible here..100-106 for weeks..
    not liking it ...........thanks goodness we all have ac here..
    well most people..I feel for the poor folks who don't..
    looks like a fun trip (:) I bet you do wish you were back there !!
    hugs,Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh..cute cartoon..Lovely coastal pictures..You always make me miss the shore...We're in the high 80's with dew points in the 70's..Not enjoying this summer..I don't know how you survive without AC..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see the ocean again someday - even go back to the spot you, I and Ruth went the very fist time I saw the ocean.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.