One of the things I love
over on the coast is all the flowers.
Wildflowers and otherwise.
They're abundant, and beautiful.
Ox-eye daisy's and dandelions.
The blackberries were in bloom.
Next month they will be ripe.
The north coast blackberries are much larger
and juicier than they are here.
It's all that moisture from the fog and
extra rains in the winter time
that makes them so delicious.
I don't remember what this one is.
Let me look it up in my wildflower book.
~
Here it is, Hooker's Evening Primrose.
Queen Ann's Lace.
Lunch at the Lighthouse Grill.
Pulled Pork with cabbage slaw
on homemade buns.
Delicious.
I'm always up for clam chowder,
especially when it's cool weather.
It was cold there.
Yes, that's also home made bread.
The lighthouse grill is housed in
a tiny building in the middle of the
parking lot of a grocery store in Trinidad.
The building has been used for many
different businesses like a hamburger stand,
an ice cream place and I don't remember
what else.
But now that it's the Lighthouse grill
it's just about the best over there.
This fish dinner is also at the Lighthouse Grill.
It's 10 times better than the restaurant on the pier
and the meal is less than half the cost of the same
type of fish dinner there.
The Lighthouse Grill uses fresh produce
from the farmers market.
This was tilapia with a sweet/hot pepper jelly.
It was spicy to the point of burning lips,
but it was delicious.
They served it with fresh vegetables,
and real mashed potatoes.
Speaking of mashed potatoes,
here's their famous mashed potato cone.
It's a savory cornmeal waffle cone,
with potatoes, gravy, brisket, and cheese.
This is considered a cone with the works.
You can also get vegetarian gravy with out
the brisket, and with or without cheese
if you don't care for meat.
The Fisherman's memorial lighthouse
is always busy with people wandering around
taking photos.
I had to wait quite awhile to take a
photo without a man in the way.
He just would not move for the longest time.
You can see his shadow behind the lighthouse
on the left.
It's beautiful there.
The rest of these photos
are from Luffenholtz county park
that is along the road just south of
Trinidad itself.
It's just plain beautiful there.
I hope to go back in a couple of months.


Beautiful pictures Patricia.....they would make lovely paintings....or cards. I still owe you a card....but I have not made a card in a few months....too much going on I guess.
ReplyDeleteLouise
It's nice to know you haven't wilted away in your hot temperatures. Heading to the coast is a sure way to beat the heat.
ReplyDeleteSuch stunning photo's; flowers, food and beautiful scenery. I am headed to the Oregon coast tomorrow and hope to get some good shots of the scenery there too.
Flowers, food and beautiful scenery..What more could one ask for??..Lovely pictures...Beautiful part of the country..
ReplyDeleteI agree with all the comments above. Some of your pictures of the food made me hungry. ha ha.
ReplyDelete