Our youngest granddaughter Katelyn
got to spend last weekend with us.
She wanted to go out on the "speed boat".
Well, the pontoon isn't exactly a speed boat
but it certainly is fast enough for us.
"I wonder when I'm going to feel fish."
The water was muddy because we were
up against the shore.
Just walking in the water stirs up the
silty clay muck.
Away from the shoreline though,
it's nice and clean.
Kate and Grandpa had lots of fun swimming.
She fell fast asleep on the way back to the marina.
We went up the McCloud arm of the lake.
This photo was recently posted on Facebook
to one of the resorts on the Lake.
It was taken from a plane,
so the lake looks quite small.
I 'borrowed' the photo and added labels to it
for you to get a sense of the size of the lake.
When it's full, there's 366 miles of shoreline.
Currently it's down to about 245 miles.
The lake is about 105 feet below crest.





It looks pretty big to me..Certainly bigger than any of the lakes we used to motor around on..I guess you did the braids and the nail polish ?? She's a cutie...Love the picture of the lake with it's topography...I hope you soon get some rain..
ReplyDeleteYes on the braids, and the nail polish is mud from the shore. She does have glittery purple nail polish on her toes. She's our tomboy princess.
DeleteWow, that is something seeing Lake Shasta that low. Your granddaughter is so CUTE! I love her hair - how cool is that to have a tomboy princess!
ReplyDelete