Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Uh Oh Grandma...


We had been toying with the idea
of not getting our holiday decorations out.

I skipped Halloween,
and then Thanksgiving too.

We were busy with painting,
  sewing and getting ready for 
Thanksgiving guests 
and now all too soon,
  it's almost Christmas.

How can that be?



  Conner was here to visit on Sunday,  
and he was surprised to see 
that was no tree for Christmas,
and how could that be? 


Oh no, oh my, 
I  really messed up, but...

he's coming back Friday
to spend the weekend with us.
  ~~~
 So all of this week, 
I've been busy as an elf.
The holiday totes have exploded 
 all over the house. 

I wrapped up the presents
that had been tucked away,
and then we went shopping
for just a little bit more. 

I decorated our small 'temporary'
champagne colored tree.
It will just have to do...

Next year I've decided 
a new green one will do.
It's gotta be big.
You hear that Santa Rick.



Our stockings have been hung by the
chimney wood stove with care. 
I hope the scotch tape holds up very well.



The guest bed was made up for Conner
with a couple of holiday stuffed animals
for company...



But Liberty had  some
  ideas of her own.


I found Christmas bear and the 
  moose with red antlers
downstairs near the tree.

They were both wet with slobber
thanks to Miss Liberty. 



 Take care over the weekend,
 and I should probably say now ...  
 Merry Christmas from us,
and Liberty too.





5 comments:

  1. hehe love the doggy
    and your decorations(:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas decorations look lovely and I am sure everyone will enjoy the homey feeling it gives. Conner will be happy too...it's all about the kids though, isn't it. Oh and our puppy dogs too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wood stove looks great and Libs is delighted that you decided to decorate a bit..I haven't done much for several years..No one sees it..I do the outside of the house..Merry Christmas to you as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a grandchild to inspire us to do a little bit more. Everything looks great and Miss Liberty seems pretty pleased with herself too. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grandma! I am not...we didn't get any decorations out. We are going to Jerry's moms and with the roof and him helping out with the farm, well it seemed like too much effort - now I "wish we did" but NEXT YEAR FOR SURE!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.