Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Two More Totes


I finished two more totes Monday.
These are gifts for family members 
on different sides of the family.
I figured it wouldn't hurt to make 
them using the same fabric
since the recipients won't be seeing 
each other. 



The coupons from Joann's Fabric store
really helped  with expenses,
as the fabrics I chose weren't on sale. 


Yesterday I played around with a bit of 
the left over fabric and made a 
quilted mug rug.
This photo is truer to the actual 
color than the first two tote photos.
~~~
A mug rug is just an over-sized
coaster.  There's enough room 
for a mug of something warm,
and a cookie ~~~ or two.
This one measures 
about 6 1/4 X 7 1/2 inches.

Today Joyce and I worked at
getting gift baskets started
for the Seniors Christmas party
later this month.  
I can't believe Christmas is coming
on us so fast.
I guess I'd better drag out the 
Christmas totes and make it 
look a bit like Christmas around here.

Ho Ho Ho...




8 comments:

  1. Such cute totes, love the fabric. The recipients are very lucky indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your totes Pat...They're so well made and you always pick cute fabric..Great job..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute totes...is my name on your list to make a tote for???? Red and black would be my colors please. They sure are cute!!!! What pattern do you use, beings you live so far from me, guess I will have to pull out my machine and make one for myself this winter...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love them and the little rug..such darling fabric..you do beautiful work(:)
    hugs..p

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Goodness those are adorable!! Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cookies were good Patricia. Different, but good. Next time I will add nuts. Dough was good. I found it is better to mush the dough down. Directions say to make golf ball size....then bake. I mushed then down and they were more crispy-er. Guess you have to play with them to see what works the best.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you.